No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Agbeko Dares Guillermo Rigondeaux To Accept Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Agbeko Dares Guillermo Rigondeaux To Accept Challenge

Ghanaian former world bantamweight champion Joseph Agbeko (28-4, 22KOs) has told WBN that he has WBA super bantamweight titlist Guillermo Rigondeaux firmly in his sights as he lines up another shot at a world title.

The 32 year-old has been out of the ring since losing back to back decisions against Abner Mares last year and is now ready to head to 122lbs to take on one of the top fighters in the Cuban two-time Olympic champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

solid fight.

king kong looks to be a bit faded, but he's got the pace and the chin to give rigo issues.

i'd be interested to see what the odds look like for this one.

Comment

This is a very enticing match-up. Jackal vs. King Kong!

Agbeko makes a good point, and Rigo can't afford to avoid challenges. Make it happen!!

Comment

Agbeko must really want to lose 3 in a row.

Comment

I wouldn't mind this fight with Agbeko moving up to 122. I still say Rigondeaux would beat his ass.

Comment

that's a good matchup if rigo is looking to build a name for himself. let's see if he will respond to agbeko. that's a fight rigo should take to at least give credence to his claims that he deserves a fight with guys like donaire or mares.

Comment

Would like to see this fight. Can't see agbeko do much with his wide shots but he's definitely an elite guy. Not as good as he was I believe but still can give anyone a hard time. I still believe he should have won the first Mares fight and been crowned the winner. But Mares did get at him in the second.

Comment

There goes the (Rigo is ducked) theory.

Comment

it'd be a good fight against a named opponent...rigo should accept it for a december fight or something. maybe have it in the undercard of pac vs marquez 4. if rigo decisively beats agbeko and if donaire beats nishioka then why not have donaire vs rigo early next year? i wouldn't mind seeing it at all.

Comment

Is Agbeko with GBP? Because if he is, then we already know this fight isn't going down. I hope Rigo doesn't sign back up for TR.

Comment

Working...
                    X