No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Price Crumbles Matt Skelton Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: David Price Crumbles Matt Skelton Down

David Price showed what heavyweight boxing is really about with an impressive second-round stoppage of former world title challenger Matt Skelton to retain his British and Commonwealth titles in Liverpool.

While former cricketer Andrew Flintoff's flirtation with professional boxing stole the headlines, Liverpudlian Price sought to enhance his growing reputation as a future world champion at Aintree Racecourse.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Price has all the tools but he needs to get a trainer that will teach him some defense and how to use his size against smaller opponents better. Just wondering how he will respond against someone who will come to bang(ala Wladimir). He definitely let Skelton get inside WAAAAAAAY to much BUT maybe you can just chalk it up to inexperience. And for those that are saying Thompson for his next fight is a waste, i disagree. He is moving up at the right pace.

Comment

i agree. i think it was because Skelton was the first guy hes fought whos decent on the inside. he should fight someone like Chisora for a learning curve. i also think he could do with a more prestigious trainer, i would've loved to see what kind of fighter Manny Steward could've turned him into . R.I.P

Comment

Working...
      X