Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    I won't say he was a late bloomer.

He was great.. he just became greater.

I will pick the Ruddock version of Lewis over Current Wladimir.
    I would pick current version of wlad over any version of lennox, so what.

It's funny how you deny that you compare wlad with lennox in majority of your posts, and most of the time in the threads that don't have nothing with either of them.
    Last edited by Simurgh; 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      I'm not convinced that he was a late bloomer. He had a sterling lengthy amateur career culmulating in the greatest prize of the amateur game....a gold medal which he won when he was only 23.

He probably hit his peak around 1997 when he was 32; which is about right for a larger heavyweight. But there is no doubt that he was one of the top five heavyweights in the world from the age of about 26 onwards.

Athletically he was probably prime around 27 when he met Ruddock. But He improved technically as a fighter after 1996 due to him working with Manny Steward.
      Right on the money . Manny has helped many a fighter get over the hump.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        I'm not convinced that he was a late bloomer. He had a sterling lengthy amateur career culmulating in the greatest prize of the amateur game....a gold medal which he won when he was only 23.

He probably hit his peak around 1997 when he was 32; which is about right for a larger heavyweight. But there is no doubt that he was one of the top five heavyweights in the world from the age of about 26 onwards.

Athletically he was probably prime around 27 when he met Ruddock. But He improved technically as a fighter after 1996 due to him working with Manny Steward.
        I agree. Alot of credit goes to the late Emanuel Steward.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          I would pick current version of wlad over any version of lennox, so what.

It's funny how you deny that you compare wlad with lennox in majority of your posts, and most of the time in the threads that don't have nothing with either of them.
          Ya.. Wlad might very well beat Lennox. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT LENNOX. OF COURSE I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT LENNOX.

................THE ONLY REASON i compare Wlad to Lennox is because Wladimir is my 2nd favorite heavyweight of all times.

I have NOTHING but respect for Klitschkos.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
            He also ducked Tyson by hiding out in the amateurs for an extra 3 years
            LMAO. Nice fantasy there, bomb. Not even remotely based in reality.

Mike got deep into your heart....and even deeper into your colon, it appears.

Comment

One thing we have not mentioned in the 'slow burn' career of Lennox was the very clear need of his promotional and management team to build him-up as a credible heavyweight contender and major sporting star/attraction in the UK...it was an ongoing marketing campaign designed to make sure he sold tickets as well as a boxing education.

Lennox - who arrived in the UK with a difficult brief to establish himself as a British fighter and who was not well known at all - spent a great deal of time working his way through British, Commonwealth and European bouts to establish a fan base and get the media onside and talking about him.

Lennox was still fighting guys like Derek Williams (for the British, Commonwealth and European belts) 20 fights into his career. His first major breakout fight was not until Razor Ruddock (his 22 fight).

A massive amount of promotional groundwork was put into making sure he fought in front of British fans and for the titles people like Cooper, Bugner etc all claimed before pushing for the top.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                LMAO. Nice fantasy there, bomb. Not even remotely based in reality.

Mike got deep into your heart....and even deeper into your colon, it appears.
                **** off ******

im deep in ur mothers ileum

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
                  One thing we have not mentioned in the 'slow burn' career of Lennox was the very clear need of his promotional and management team to build him-up as a credible heavyweight contender and major sporting star/attraction in the UK...it was an ongoing marketing campaign designed to make sure he sold tickets as well as a boxing education.

Lennox - who arrived in the UK with a difficult brief to establish himself as a British fighter and who was not well known at all - spent a great deal of time working his way through British, Commonwealth and European bouts to establish a fan base and get the media onside and talking about him.

Lennox was still fighting guys like Derek Williams (for the British, Commonwealth and European belts) 20 fights into his career. His first major breakout fight was not until Razor Ruddock (his 22 fight).

A massive amount of promotional groundwork was put into making sure he fought in front of British fans and for the titles people like Cooper, Bugner etc all claimed before pushing for the top.

Pretty damn fast compare to this era's heavyweights though.

Lewis was fighting 35-0 Gary Mason in his 15th fight. So I disagree with you about that.

22nd fight Ruddock in a top 4 heavyweight tournament.

Look at who Wilder is fighting in his 27th fight.. Look at the 22nd fight of guys like K2... Povetkin etc.

I haven't found anyone who fought a 35-0 KO Artist in his 15th fight.

Yes I realize Mason was older and had an injury but the fact remain he was a 35-0 100% KO Ratio former champion against a 15 fight novice.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                    **** off ******

im deep in ur mothers ileum
                    Is she as good for you as Iron Mike?

Comment

Working...
                    X