Prince Naseem Hamed vs. Nonito Donaire @122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
    Who wins?

I've got The Prince knocking Donaire spark out.
    GREAT thread! Once in a while you see a golden thread, I dont think I have ever seen anyone think of this fantasy match up! Good stuff my man! I have no answer to the question, I just came to read responses, and I wont vote on the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      Donaire is rated by some as a massive puncher, who do you guys think was the bigger puncher, Donaire or Naseem?
      Hamed, and it's not even close.

Comment

I love how people are saying Hamed would get KO'd.

I feel Hamed's chin is one of his most underrated assets. He had an iron chin and a great recovery. Was he ever hurt? I know he was knocked down a few times but i don't recall him ever being hurt.

If you box with no guard whatsoever your always going to eat some big punches so the knockdowns are understandable. Even a bonafide iron chinned fighter like Carl Froch has been knocked down. It doesn't matter how good your chin is you can always get knocked down if hit with the right punch in the right spot. If your style involves no guard then you multiply the chances of those punches landing by so much. Also I haven't seen his fights in a while but if i remember correctly i'm sure one or two of his knockdowns were partly due to him being wildly off balance due to his crazy style.

He had a great chin, no doubt about that. You HAVE to have a great chin with a style like the one he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          I love how people are saying Hamed would get KO'd.

I feel Hamed's chin is one of his most underrated assets. He had an iron chin and a great recovery. Was he ever hurt? I know he was knocked down a few times but i don't recall him ever being hurt.

If you box with no guard whatsoever your always going to eat some big punches so the knockdowns are understandable. Even a bonafide iron chinned fighter like Carl Froch has been knocked down. It doesn't matter how good your chin is you can always get knocked down if hit with the right punch in the right spot. If your style involves no guard then you multiply the chances of those punches landing by so much. Also I haven't seen his fights in a while but if i remember correctly i'm sure one or two of his knockdowns were partly due to him being wildly off balance due to his crazy style.

He had a great chin, no doubt about that. You HAVE to have a great chin with a style like the one he had.
          He was British, so he's a bum, you must know the drill by now

The fact I think he punches way harder then Donaire and was never KO'd and had a real awkward style doesnt mean much. He still gets' brutally KO'd on NSB

I think it's a 50/50 fight and either guy could have won, but as it will never happen, everyone is allowed to indulge in fantasy, so I'm going to say Naz KO's Donaire in 3 seconds of the 1st round

Comment

Since I can't stand either of them I would have hoped that this would happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&c...VTI&nomobile=1

Comment

Working...
            X