Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins "Stop asking me about Chavez Jr. He aint nothing but a gimmick.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love sergio but prime for prime bernard wins.

Hop had problems with athletism as an older fighter. people forget this guy has been fighting for 20 years.

In his prime he had a problem with Roy who had other-worldly speed. Guess what? everyone had a problem with roys speed back then. I cant think of anyone around that time that could bother hops with speed besides roy.

sergios speed is not on that level and like a previous poster said, i dont see a guy fighting with his hands down beating prime hop. Hell, roy didnt even fight hop with his hands down and he had the ability to. Thats how serious roy took the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
      I like Sergio but i dont think a man who keeps his hands down by his waist can beat Hopkins....But Sergio did show a good inside game against Chavez
      Roy keeps his hands down.

And WTF is Hopkins talking about comparing Martinez to Tito and Pavlik? What an idiotic comparison.

Comment

Hopkins would have beat Sergio up and either won late stoppage or decision. Sergio would have been up against a guy who was not only bigger, but just as fast.

Yes Hopkins struggled against fighters with speed and movement, but like someone else said, they were also bigger guys.

Hopkins though is talking out of his @ss to be comparing Sergio to Pavlik. They are so different it is not even measurable. Sergio has a style that would trouble anyone with his speed.

Comment

Originally posted by cigarillo View Post
          a prime hopkins would damn near shut sergio out.

The fuck is this shyt nsb?

This dude spars a punching bag and now he can beat a prime hopkins?
          sour grapes taste delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Are you forgetting Joe Calzaghe (kept his hands low as well)? A fast southpaw with quick hands and very athletic.
            That was FAR from a prime Hop...and Joe still ended up on his ass.

Comment

The Hopkins in his prime who beat the hell out of Glen
              Johnson would have roughed Sergio up and stopped him in the late rounds.

Comment

nah!!!!...this is NOT about B.Hop beating up Sergio..NO!!...yea thats right...IF the 2 were to EVER fight thats what will happen...many hardcore heads on here knows this!!!...really no need for debate imo....but since dudes took it there, lets be REALLY real with this....@ 160 B.Hop was muhfukin BOSS!!!....he burned the BEST that division had to offer during his run...whenever Serg unifies the straps we can debate then...atm, my man Serg shouldn't even be at the same breakfast table as my big homie...Serg @ MW gets mauled, frustrated, systematicall tooken apart and stopped late

his style enables Bernard to use the reach advantage he should have and dictate the action with his underrated jab and many str8 right hands down the pipe and some rough stuff in close...a couple of hip shots...yall know how Ex work ....B.Hop could also let Serg come forward and walk him on to something...yall know how Ex work!!

so as we continue on being REALLY REAL...they can fight in May...being REALLY REAL...Serg would most likely accept a CW of 170....lets be REAL and stop the bs....so if Serg comes in heavier than normal...heavier than EVER...do yall really think he stands a chance with THIS version of Ex?!?...he will win a few rounds...but do yall really think he has a chance to win?!?...I don't...Ex would beat him up

too small plus I doubt Serg can hit Ex with something to make him tenative about rushing in on him....I'm being REALLY real...dudes might think I'm being REALLY bias...but I'll admit it when I feel like somebody can beat the oldman...I will...but Serg is not the dude imo

Comment

I think when Hopkins said Martinez is just like Pavlik, Tito, etc. I think he was saying Ill beat him just like I beat all those guys people talked up.

Thats what I took from that. I think Hops is smart in the ring to recognize that Pavlik, Tito and Martinez dont fight alike.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    nah!!!!...this is NOT about B.Hop beating up Sergio..NO!!...yea thats right...IF the 2 were to EVER fight thats what will happen...many hardcore heads on here knows this!!!...really no need for debate imo....but since dudes took it there, lets be REALLY real with this....@ 160 B.Hop was muhfukin BOSS!!!....he burned the BEST that division had to offer during his run...whenever Serg unifies the straps we can debate then...atm, my man Serg shouldn't even be at the same breakfast table as my big homie...Serg @ MW gets mauled, frustrated, systematicall tooken apart and stopped late

his style enables Bernard to use the reach advantage he should have and dictate the action with his underrated jab and many str8 right hands down the pipe and some rough stuff in close...a couple of hip shots...yall know how Ex work ....B.Hop could also let Serg come forward and walk him on to something...yall know how Ex work!!

so as we continue on being REALLY REAL...they can fight in May...being REALLY REAL...Serg would most likely accept a CW of 170....lets be REAL and stop the bs....so if Serg comes in heavier than normal...heavier than EVER...do yall really think he stands a chance with THIS version of Ex?!?...he will win a few rounds...but do yall really think he has a chance to win?!?...I don't...Ex would beat him up

too small plus I doubt Serg can hit Ex with something to make him tenative about rushing in on him....I'm being REALLY real...dudes might think I'm being REALLY bias...but I'll admit it when I feel like somebody can beat the oldman...I will...but Serg is not the dude imo
                    Good post....

If Hopkins out his mouth said "He has a very very easy style to beat" Ima take his word for it..lol. He aint losing to Martinez at anyweight.

Comment

I do see Martinez giving Hopkins trouble, but I can see Hopkins landing that straight right that comes out of nowhere like a python, then holding Martinez so he can't use his movements. And while he is holding, he will throw in some body shots to slow down Martinez's movements later in the fight. So the first half might be in favor to Martinez, but in the long run, I think Hopkins will edge a win.

Comment

Working...
                      X