Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva is the "GOAT" because..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody seems to forget if u even watched mma at that point, Nobody gave Anderson a chance against Franklin and Anderson destroyed him.Franklin and Hendo were #1 and #2 at middleweight and Anderson made short work out of them.

Lutter put up a decent ground fight against Silva so everybody said Thales and Maia would submit him and the iron chinned hendo would take his best shots and take him down and win a decision. Hendo was the favorite in that fight to most hardcore mma fans and hendo did exactly what they said for one round and in the 2nd Anderson rocked him and choked him out. Now these new fans that probably weren't even fans back then want to discredit this win.

Vitor was suppose to be the first guy who could actually stand and bang with Silva had the best chance of knocking him only to get stopped in the first.

Chael was suppose to do what he did the first time to Silva but for an extra minute to win a decision because "he had silvas number." Yet it was the hendo fight all over again against a healthy Silva in the rematch, chael did his thing for one round, Anderson adjusted and stopped him.

Irvin was a WARM up fight for Silva at 205 because its not like boxing because in mma the weight classes are 10, 15 and sometimes as in this case middleweight and lightheavyweight are 20 POUNDS apart. Yet Silvas a cherry picker because he doesn't move up 20 pounds.

And people still said Irvin would win because nobody knew how silvas power and punch resistance would transition 20 POUNDS.

Griffin was even a good match up for Silva at the time because he beat Shogun and got a razor thin call over rampage. He was suppose to be too big and have too much of a good game plan training with randy.

Bonnar was a short notice fight and that's all that needs to be said. He saved an event.

Shogun and Anderson were chute box guys and close friends. Half these haters don't even know what chute box was. So if u knew what chute box was and how they were all family how was that a duck?

Smh at these new fans that can't even research. Anderson will fight Jon Jones after weidman its almost guaranteed so haters calm down he will at least show u up 2 more times with weidman and Jones before he retires.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

and all this catch weight nonsense is Silva like Dana said trolling the media. He's a poor mans Floyd may weather when saying stuff to get people still talking about him. He's just not as extreme as Floyd.

Him saying hell fight Jones at a catch weight is like Floyd saying he's fighting Devon.

like I said I guarantee Silva vs Jones at 205 later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
        lmao Henderson losing a razor thin loss to rampage makes him a cherry pick for Anderson lol, so Jon Jones is sooooo much better for beating rampage, machida and rashad who were coming off wins against Hamil, couture and Phil Davis when neither were top 5 wins that should earn u a title shot.

Anderson Silva haters are gonna hate. Their no worse then Floyd haters. First "aw this guy will give him trouble" Anderson destroys them and then all the sudden "o they were tailor made cherry picks."

It will be the same story after weidman. Before Jon Jones "GSP will give Anderson the fight of his life his style is one to give it to Silva." Jones steps on the scene now "OMFG Andersons cherry picking the smaller GSP instead of Jon Jones!

lol f the haters freaking ridiculous

Who in the bloody hell said Hendo was a cherry pick? WTF.

Whose hating on Silva??? I'm saying Fedor is the G.O.A.T. of MMA.

If you want to call Silva the 2nd G.O.A.T., then fine with me.

And no one even brought up GSP. You're jumping to conclusions. The point is, by asking for a 192 lb. catch weight, that's basically saying "I don't want the fight." How is that so hard to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          So why doesn't Silva fight Jones at 205 in a non title fight? Then he doesn't hold the belt and they all still get title shots. And I disagree, unless Silva beats Jones, his resume does not surpass Fedor's. Fedor was past it, but not completely shot, so I won't discredit Henderson's win over him, nor would I do so with Silva's win over Hendo either though. Still a big fan of Silva though, consider him a close second and hope he retires still with the belt, but I guess some will still call me a "hater".

If Silva stays at middle, defends the title a few more times and then retires, then this will be like the old Ali vs. Louis arguments over who was the GOAT heavyweight or the Robinson, Langford, Charles discussions over whose the pound for pound (p4p) greatest of all time (GOAT) boxer. Legit arguments can be made for both sides. With heavyweight boxing, do you go with the guy who became the first to win the lineal heavyweight title 3 times or the guy who defended it the longest once? With MMA, do you go with the guy with the longer winning streak or the guy who held a title belt the longest?
          Exactly. No one's discrediting the Hendo win at all. And to the guy with the AP avatar, um....no **** Hendo's older than Fedor. He's a freak of nature that's like 1 in a million. You're acting like he's some run of the mill older fighter that's having some recent success.

He's simply a freak of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            Everybody seems to forget if u even watched mma at that point, Nobody gave Anderson a chance against Franklin and Anderson destroyed him.Franklin and Hendo were #1 and #2 at middleweight and Anderson made short work out of them.

Lutter put up a decent ground fight against Silva so everybody said Thales and Maia would submit him and the iron chinned hendo would take his best shots and take him down and win a decision. Hendo was the favorite in that fight to most hardcore mma fans and hendo did exactly what they said for one round and in the 2nd Anderson rocked him and choked him out. Now these new fans that probably weren't even fans back then want to discredit this win.

Vitor was suppose to be the first guy who could actually stand and bang with Silva had the best chance of knocking him only to get stopped in the first.

Chael was suppose to do what he did the first time to Silva but for an extra minute to win a decision because "he had silvas number." Yet it was the hendo fight all over again against a healthy Silva in the rematch, chael did his thing for one round, Anderson adjusted and stopped him.

Irvin was a WARM up fight for Silva at 205 because its not like boxing because in mma the weight classes are 10, 15 and sometimes as in this case middleweight and lightheavyweight are 20 POUNDS apart. Yet Silvas a cherry picker because he doesn't move up 20 pounds.

And people still said Irvin would win because nobody knew how silvas power and punch resistance would transition 20 POUNDS.

Griffin was even a good match up for Silva at the time because he beat Shogun and got a razor thin call over rampage. He was suppose to be too big and have too much of a good game plan training with randy.

Bonnar was a short notice fight and that's all that needs to be said. He saved an event.

Shogun and Anderson were chute box guys and close friends. Half these haters don't even know what chute box was. So if u knew what chute box was and how they were all family how was that a duck?

Smh at these new fans that can't even research. Anderson will fight Jon Jones after weidman its almost guaranteed so haters calm down he will at least show u up 2 more times with weidman and Jones before he retires.

If you've watched any MMA, besides the UFC, you would've known that Silva had a HUGE chance of beating Franklin. Only the TUF noobs thought Franklin was the favorite going in. He beat up an old ass Ken Shamrock and Evan Tanner for God's sake. No one with half a brain was thinking Silva "couldn't" beat Franklin.

And no one on the planet was saying Leitas and Maia were going to beat Silva. The chance of a submission, yes, but they don't have half the TD threat of a Lutter.

LMAO @ Griffin was a good fight at the time. NO he wasn't. That was nothing more than a show case fight for Anderson at 205. Irvin was the same thing. I'll let him pass for the Bonnar fight, because he did save that event.

The point is, if you've already fought at 205, then why ask for such a ridiculous catch weight like 192. 200 is more than fair for both fighters. Silva's already fought at 205, and had success, and Jones fighting at 192 would be absolutely silly.

LMAO at not knowing Chute Boxe. The fight team that Wanderlei Silva and Murillo Rua made famous. Okay, buddy.

Silva's going to wreck Weidman, but he's not going to fight Jones after, "guaranteed" like you said.

If it was a guarantee, he'd fight him by now. He wouldn't be talking about a 192 lb. catch weight, knowing damn well Jones aint making that cut.

I think you're projecting your insecurities with these posts. NO ONE said Silva was garbage, we're only saying Fedor is the G.O.A.T.

For those of you that didn't just start watching MMA, aka UFC, should know how dominant Fedor was. He's as good as it gets in terms of MMA.

Comment

Also, no one even discredited the Vitor win. That was a sick ass fight.

On a side note. I remember when Silva first got singed to the UFC, and people didn't know who the hell he was, I KNEW he was going to be champ. I knew it. The UFC MW division was nothing compared to Pride.

Rich Franklin or Murillo "Ninja" Rua, Murillo Bustamante, Hendo (wasn't signed at the time), etc. Not even a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post

And no one even brought up GSP. You're jumping to conclusions. The point is, by asking for a 192 lb. catch weight, that's basically saying "I don't want the fight." How is that so hard to understand?
                It is too early to conclude that SIlva is ducking Jones, who knows Silva's camp is just teasing.

Btw, is this fight really on Silva's shoulder?

Is Jones interested in fighting Silva? Bones said it can happen but he is not chasing it.

Comment

Fedor is the greatest fighter ever. Funny thing is most fans now are just UFC fans and not true MMA fans. Look at how long he remained undefeated for, he fought the best heavyweights around and he also was planned to fight Barnett who dropped out because he got caught roiding (he even respects Fedor VERY highly) and Couture who wasn't allowed by the UFC to fight Fedor.

Anderson could not cut it in Pride, people forget that. It's different once you lose in the middle of your career where you are supposed to be in your prime compared to losing at the end of your career like Fedor. If GSP keeps up his reign for a few more fights, I personally would rank him over A.Silva as well. Look at the opposition GSP has faced compared to Silva. WW has been pretty stacked for a long time. I give Silva big props for beating Franklin, Forrest, Henderson those are his best wins imo. The best of his opponents are one trick ponys or just good fighters nothing great.

Look at the amount of HOF fighters Fedor beat and in what fashion. Absolutely crazy, especially at heavyweight where the weight limit is much higher. If Silva beats Jon Jones, I could definitely see why people call him the greatest but at this moment, I would rank Fedor above him and GSP is very close to A.Silva. Fedors own trainer said he stopped training properly back in 2008, he still remained undefeated for years after.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
                    It is too early to conclude that SIlva is ducking Jones, who knows Silva's camp is just teasing.

Btw, is this fight really on Silva's shoulder?

Is Jones interested in fighting Silva? Bones said it can happen but he is not chasing it.
                    At this point, you're right, we don't know for sure if he's just posturing, or if he doesn't want the fight. But so far, he said he'd only fight him at a catch weight, and the weight he threw out there was 192.

No, he's not obliged to fight Jones, but if you're the G.O.A.T, and supposedly only interested in super fights, why not fight Jones at 200? I don't even need it to be at 205.

I think many people know that Silva would beat GSP. I won't even get into that. I'm sure even die hard GSP fans will say this much.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      Fedor is the greatest fighter ever. Funny thing is most fans now are just UFC fans and not true MMA fans. Look at how long he remained undefeated for, he fought the best heavyweights around and he also was planned to fight Barnett who dropped out because he got caught roiding (he even respects Fedor VERY highly) and Couture who wasn't allowed by the UFC to fight Fedor.

Anderson could not cut it in Pride, people forget that. It's different once you lose in the middle of your career where you are supposed to be in your prime compared to losing at the end of your career like Fedor. If GSP keeps up his reign for a few more fights, I personally would rank him over A.Silva as well. Look at the opposition GSP has faced compared to Silva. WW has been pretty stacked for a long time. I give Silva big props for beating Franklin, Forrest, Henderson those are his best wins imo. The best of his opponents are one trick ponys or just good fighters nothing great.

Look at the amount of HOF fighters Fedor beat and in what fashion. Absolutely crazy, especially at heavyweight where the weight limit is much higher. If Silva beats Jon Jones, I could definitely see why people call him the greatest but at this moment, I would rank Fedor above him and GSP is very close to A.Silva. Fedors own trainer said he stopped training properly back in 2008, he still remained undefeated for years after.
                      That's the only way I can see Silva being GOAT. IF he beats Jones.

I think Vitor was one of his better wins.

Also, his stint in Pride wasn't bad. He just got caught by a couple submissions. I can let that slide, as long as you go on to do bigger and better things.

But like you, I'm not buying into the UFC propaganda machine.

Remember when the Fedor negotiations fell off? All of a sudden Dana starts calling Fedor a bum. LMAO.

Comment

Working...
                      X