Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it annoys Ward that hes not popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that's in Ward's nature to be upset or annoyed by something like that. He's just a hard worker. He knows he keeps on winning, big money fights will come eventually. Kinda similar to Hopkins in that sense.

Comment

Anyone got any idea how much Ward is making per fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
        Anyone got any idea how much Ward is making per fight?
        He got $1.4 vs. Dawson

Comment

ward's a family man. he probably could care less about fame. as long as he's champ and he's providing for his kids, i think he's happy.

Comment

I suppose it could since he might never get a PPV fight because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              He got $1.4 vs. Dawson
              Pretty dam decent. I doubt he really cares

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                ward's a family man. he probably could care less about fame. as long as he's champ and he's providing for his kids, i think he's happy.
                Yeah I don't think acclaim is something he's after. You can tell both he and Virgil are extremely self-confident, bordering on smug, but he has little or no interest in blowing his own trumpet.

Virgil always says that it's time enough to think about what they achieved when his career is over. And Andre always says that it's up to other people to call him great if they want, he wasn't raised to talk that way about himself.

Sure it's a bit of an act on one level, but it does seem to resonate in everything else the guy says and does.

Comment

He'll get more of the limelight once Manny and Floyd retire no doubt.

Comment

he's pretty popular for today's boxers standards outside of Floyd and Manny.

Comment

I think it bothers him that his fan base aint like mayweather or broner cause he refuses to degrade himself to some blackface entertainment. We all know if he did those fan bases will be all on his nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X