Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i must admitt the more i watch 24-7 the more i think pacman is gonna kick oscars ass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx View Post
    not counting oscar out...but the more i watch it..oscar looks terrible in sparring..and pacman is looking like a beast(but they could be showing those clips just to sell the fight)what do ya'll think
    be a man and stick our bet out !

Comment

Originally posted by iBox4Real View Post
      i dont see pacman kicking oscars ass... i just cant see it..... not when Oscars been in the ring with guys his size or bigger like Vargas, Quartey, Tito, Floyd, Shane, etc.

the only time we've seen Oscar in trouble or getting the better of was at 160 w/ hopkins and sturm..... so no i dont see pacman kickin oscars ass
      true but it wud be amazing if pacman can pull it off.

Comment

not counting oscar out...but the more i watch it..oscar looks terrible in sparring..and pacman is looking like a beast(but they could be showing those clips just to sell the fight)what do ya'll think
        say listen, why get excited watching these orchestrated events put on by hbo to draw in more customers! making the underdog look more viable sells more tickets than other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
          i dont know if he has a chance but surely oscar looks nervous and insecure while Pac looks sure of himself and ready to fight. Oscar calling 2 trainers and even Bernard to give some pointers is kinda strange.

Funny when BHop was telling that sparring partner instructions 'do like that with flurries from low to high, mimic pacman, do what he do, make him work''...looked like that guy was being too respectful for Oscar. But that may be only the right editing to make it look competitive so i dont know.
          That. I've been tempted to believe Pacman could win this fight, but there's no logical reason why he should. He's young and very active and has taken on top level competition consistently, but he's much too short against another world class fighter who, though inactive, still shows he can be competitive with many. I mean, when you think about it, he fought bigger guys than him and he's done fairly well (Sturm, Hopkins).

He gave Mayweather, Jr. the closest fight of his career, Mayweather escaping a draw by a SINGLE point, because one of the judges gave Mayweather the last round. Mayweather was very defensive throughout the fight and picking off his clean shots and still he had a close fight. Mayweather got tagged with a hard straight right at the end of the 11th and kept his composure (as always).

Pacquiao is not a boxer, he's quick and agile but he doesn't have the same defense and counterpunching finesse of Mayweather. Has anyone also noticed that Pacquiao when he gets tagged he starts to brawl? He gets hit with something, and he wants to come back with his own medicine. He can't do that here. He may hit harder, but...c'mon. Is he gonna' carry that power successfully up to 147. If he does, keep in mind that De la Hoya will re-hydrate up to 155-160...but as always, he'll never weigh himself on the unofficial HBO weight scale.

De la Hoya on paper should win this fight. If he doesn't, it's either because:

a-) He decides to carry Pacquiao into the later rounds, and I dunno...Pacquiao moves in and starts beating up a winded DLH

b-) Knowing that his boxing days are close to over, he gives and takes with Pacman just enough to give the crowd a decent fight, while still making sure that he doesn't get knocked out. The end result is a Pacquiao decision, and a passing of the torch. Setting up bigger fights for the younger, hungrier Pacquiao with Hatton or Mayweather, Jr.

c-) De la Hoya gets knocked out with accumulative body shots...the boxingscene server goes down, Pacquiao fans saying "I told you so!", Oscar fans saying "WTF?!", dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Having said all that, I still hope Pacquiao kicks Oscar's ass (I bet Pacquiao JUST incase). But I realistically can't see it happening. Dundee, Beristain, Hopkins in De la Hoya's training camp, it's all made to look as if Oscar is the underdog and he has a chance of losing. Hopkins said: "Many people are counting Oscar out..."

Nobody is counting Oscar out, Pacquiao is the one being counted out! If any result will shock the media, it's if PACQUIAO beats DE LA HOYA, not the other way around.

Dundee, same thing: "Height has nothing to do with it, reach has nothing to do with it...Oscar's been fighting tough guys his whole life."

I agree, Angelo. But the height and reach are indeed advantages for Oscar, you can't deny that's gonna' help him and be one of the defining characteristics of the fight (if he uses his jab).

24/7 is entertaining and all, but don't let the editing fool you. They combine clips, and put this music, and you're like, "Wow, poor Oscar. He's gonna' get thrown to the dogs."

NO!
          Last edited by TintaBoricua; 12-02-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

This shows that the build-up to the fight is working. When the fight was announced most people thought it was a huge mismatch. But now, after a few months of build-up some people are beginning to think Manny might win. This makes the fight more intriguing hence more people will want to watch which = more dollars.

Very good marketing. They did the same thing in the Mayweather-Hatton fight.
            Last edited by truthseeker1; 12-02-2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I may be a little biased, because Pacquiao is my hero, but yeah you can clearly see the distinction.

De La Hoya is training hard, no doubt about that. But I think Pacquiao might be willing to go a little bit more.

Plus, losing is not an option for Pacquiao. DLH has already talked about "what if i lose". That's no good.

Comment

thats kind of the point, people felt this way about hatton as well, they showed hatton training his ass off, and mayweather clowning around.

Comment

I see DLH winning by UD but rooting for Pac to win.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePen2 View Post
                    c-) De la Hoya gets knocked out with accumulative body shots...the boxingscene server goes down, Pacquiao fans saying "I told you so!", Oscar fans saying "WTF?!", dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!
                    you are by far my fav poster on this website

so what happens if pacquiao lands solid on DLH's chin and he goes down?

Comment

That's what the HBO 24/7 is for...to make it a match.
                      Last edited by Chups; 12-02-2008, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X