No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoan Pablo Hernandez in Top Form For Fields Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoan Pablo Hernandez in Top Form For Fields Bout

Yoan Pablo Hernandez (27-1, 13 KOs) wants nothing more than to successfully defend his IBF Title on February 2 at the Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin. But in order to do so, the Berlin-based Cruiserweight has to get past his powerful American opposition Eric Fields (21-1, 15 KOs). Therefore, the 28-year-old is in intense preparations and currently in sparring. [Click Here To Read More]

I hate these articles with no pics. So deceiving. Anyway, Hernandez needs to rematch ol' boy after this and avenge the controversy or get KOed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

This is an interesting matchup.

Fields looked like a great prospect a few years back when he blasted out Kelvin Davis in the first round but in his first step up against Ola Afolabi he gassed out and was KO'd in the final round.

Since then he has gone 10-0 but has not beaten anyone of note. I like this matchup though. Fields has dynamite in his hands and Hernandez has a questionable chin, what looks like a routine defense is probably going to be a tough fight.

His team really did him a disservice by putting him in with Afolabi, a guy with a great chin, so early in his career.

Comment

last I saw he got dropped and threw almost no punches for half the fight and managed to win a decesion.

was on shakey legs and turned his back to troy ross and the ref broke it up 10 times in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          This is an interesting matchup.

Fields looked like a great prospect a few years back when he blasted out Kelvin Davis in the first round but in his first step up against Ola Afolabi he gassed out and was KO'd in the final round.

Since then he has gone 10-0 but has not beaten anyone of note. I like this matchup though. Fields has dynamite in his hands and Hernandez has a questionable chin, what looks like a routine defense is probably going to be a tough fight.

His team really did him a disservice by putting him in with Afolabi, a guy with a great chin, so early in his career.
          Good post. Afolabi was a pretty unknown quantity then though, it was quite an upset

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
            last I saw he got dropped and threw almost no punches for half the fight and managed to win a decesion.

was on shakey legs and turned his back to troy ross and the ref broke it up 10 times in a minute.
            I like Yoan Pablo a lot. I think he's a really good, gutsy fighter and a class act; but it sure looks like they're really taking care of him over in Germany. There was controversy over his first win against Cunningham, but Hernandez left no doubts in the rematch. There was controversy again against Ross. Too bad Troy is getting up there in age; it would've been good to give him a rematch as well.

Comment

Working...
            X