Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prince Nas was the best showman boxing had in years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Nas was the best showman boxing had in years.

Seriously, not the best boxer - obviously, but as a showman he was awesome. In his pomp, he was a world class featherweight, but the style, the entrances, the dancing, the words - hella entertaining boxer.

Flipping over the rope, kick-flipping up. A bit much for some, but I liked it.

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    Seriously, not the best boxer - obviously, but as a showman he was awesome. In his pomp, he was a world class featherweight, but the style, the entrances, the dancing, the words - hella entertaining boxer.

Flipping over the rope, kick-flipping up. A bit much for some, but I liked it.
    I liked him, and he should have been in the hall of fame by now.

Comment

History will remember him as the man who took a step up and got knocked way the **** down.

Comment

I guess you never saw Jorge "Maromero" Paez

Comment

For my money, best showman of all time.

Imagine if he was a heavyweight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

History also shows he ducked Jmm. I can only imagine how Marquez would of exposed this one handed hype job...

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKIE420 View Post
              History also shows he ducked Jmm. I can only imagine how Marquez would of exposed this one handed hype job...

Marquez wasn't prime back then, or box office. I don't remember him being ranked on any pound for pound lists at that time. The Marquez of the last decade was superior to my eyes. But hell, Barrera gave Naz the schooling he needed. At that point Barrera was seen as far higher up the pound for pound listings because of the first fight with Erik Moralles which many felt he won.

But Hamed wasn't a one handed fighter. For all his lack of fundamentals the guy had some scary power in both fists and could fight from either orthodox or southpaw stances.

And as a showman, he was one of the best. Whether people liked it or not, he made an absolute fortune!! Why he hasn't been more emulated, I don't know.

Comment

Probably even more than Barrera did. Hell, Kevin Kelley came that close to stopping him. I never liked him and loved it when he finally got beat. His face being smashed into the top turnbuckle WWE style by Barrera was a classic moment for me.

Comment

Those were great shots Barrera was putting on him, I have to say he's got a great beard and good KO power in both hands.

Comment

He was a good showman if you're into cheesy, schlocky entertainment. He was an a*swipe.

Glad he's not in the Hall of Fame because I thought he was an embarrassment as well as a fighter without the creds.

Comment

Working...
                    X