Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Kelly Pavlik but I think he is not gonna do NOTHING at 168....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
    Green fight, he have good chin, but Froch and Pavlik have great chin
    Gotchya. I mean Kessler cuts a little easily and Calzaghe had him hurt to the body, but I've always thought his chin was pretty decent. And Green sucks, but he hits like a mule.

Yeah Pavlik's height, reach, workrate and decent power helped make up for a leaky defense, lack of speed and movement at MW. Not so much at SMW and he seems to be on the slide to boot. But he should make for an entertaining fight or two.
    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 07-09-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

No Pavlik is faster than Froch, in my opinion is a good fight
      no, he is not

his hands are arguably faster, but his feet and upper body movement are leagues below froch

he literally has no almost no upper body movement. froch slips punches.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        no, he is not

his hands are arguably faster, but his feet and upper body movement are leagues below froch

Hell yeah he has to, fighting with his hands below his waist so much of the time.

Comment

Green fight, he have good chin, but Froch and Pavlik have great chin
          Dude. Green fight was the very first time Kessler has been down. His chin is granite. Saying his chin is inferiour to Froch and Pavlik is ridiculous.

Comment

we will see when pavlik fights next...... ill be sittin back in my chair - cold beer in my hand, and a big smile on my face when pavilik destroys his next opponent......

Comment

I can see Pavlik being capable of beating Bute and Abraham but SMW is a stacked division with a lot of top fighters. Ward is really special,nobody beats him but Froch ,Kessler and Dirrell are too much for Pavlik IMO.

Comment

I like Pavlik, but over time he has lost some things that I do not see coming back. There was a time when he made opportunities with his jab, and on top of it never stopped punching. That opened up a lot of doors for him in a fight.

He created opportunities for himself in there. Now he seems more of a reactionary fighter, almost too patient. He is too slow to be reactionary. All too often now he ends up fighting his opponents fights. He is getting by with it now, but when he starts fighting the top dogs, he may end up looking like a fish out of water.

There was a time when he was considered a very accurate puncher, but now we see him hitting air alot. That is due to him not relying on his jab like he used too. He has to use it and then sneak in something right after it. He is too slow to catch good fighters on guard. He has to catch them off guard. He needs that big jab back.
                Last edited by deanrw; 07-09-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  I like Pavlik, but over time he has lost some things that I do not see coming back. There was a time when he made opportunities with his jab, and on top of it never stopped punching. That opened up a lot of doors for him in a fight.

He created opportunities for himself in there. Now he seems more of a reactionary fighter, almost too patient. He is too slow to be reactionary. All too often now he ends up fighting his opponents fights. He is getting by with it now, but when he starts fighting the top dogs, he may end up looking like a fish out of water.

There was a time when he was considered a very accurate puncher, but now we see him hitting air alot. That is due to him not relying on his jab like he used too. He has to use it and then sneak in something right after it. He is too slow to catch good fighters on guard. He has to catch them off guard. He needs that big jab back.
                  He broke down Sigmon and Jaco ... He had a ton of trouble with Rosinsky because Rosinsky can box. He was a national champion and a 4 or 5x golden glove winner in NY...guys like that usually have strategy in a fight...the formula to beat pav is to not let him get set ... If you noticed Rosinsky used a lot of lateral movement...and frustrated Pavlic a lot. If pav fights a straight up guy like frotch or Kessler I think he can win...

Put a guy like Ward in front of him he will be overwealmed unless he gets a punch off.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    no, he is not

Froch is just on another level than Pavlik, Froch would have a picnic countering Pavlik who just arrived at this weight while Froch faced everybody at the division and is easily behind Ward, a really solid #2.

Pavlik only would have a punchers chance and that doesnt mean sh i t against Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingisfixed View Post
                      He broke down Sigmon and Jaco ... He had a ton of trouble with Rosinsky because Rosinsky can box. He was a national champion and a 4 or 5x golden glove winner in NY...guys like that usually have strategy in a fight...the formula to beat pav is to not let him get set ... If you noticed Rosinsky used a lot of lateral movement...and frustrated Pavlic a lot. If pav fights a straight up guy like frotch or Kessler I think he can win...

Put a guy like Ward in front of him he will be overwealmed unless he gets a punch off.
                      dude did u see how small Rosinsky is? he is the smallest 168 pounder I ever saw. Dude looks like a light middleweight. Froch and the other guys at 168 are a lot bigger and better boxers. so I dont see Pavlik beating them at super middleweight

Comment

Working...
                      X