No announcement yet.

Amir khan looks even worse now that maidana got dominated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to what? Realize the basic concept of "styles making fights" that even noob fans understand?
    Peterson is a boxer and Maidana a puncher, what style does it take to expose a fighter? They both showed use where Khan is. And now we know for sure! It's hard to explain to fans of a fighter that will defend him even when he loses and over look the fact that he was exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
      Peterson is a boxer and Maidana a puncher, what style does it take to expose a fighter? They both showed use where Khan is. And now we know for sure! It's hard to explain to fans of a fighter that will defend him even when he loses and over look the fact that he was exposed.
      Kotelnik is a boxer, and Matthysse is a puncher. . . They both beat Alexander. . . I wouldn't say Peterson is a boxer; the way he fought Khan was more of a puncher/inside fighter. . .

Fact is, Khan beat Maidana 7 rounds to 5, and he beat Peterson 8 rounds to 4. . . Having two close fights with quality opponents doesn't "expose" you. . .

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
          Different styles, different weight, different fight.

Learn this.
          thread.........

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
            The styles play a part but so do attributes and areas where fighters are lacking as well.

Maidana a slow crude brawler there to be hit has he comes in and in between his wide looping shots vs much faster skilled boxer/puncher yeah its going to be a tough night for Chino as we saw.

Comment

Styles make fights a lot of times. Ruddock took Mike Tyson into deep twice back to back. This was still a mostly prime Tyson and Ruddock literally went ALL OUT WAR on this guy. Lennox took out Ruddock in like 40 seconds.

Comment

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to what? Realize the basic concept of "styles making fights" that even noob fans understand?
                I agree styles make fights,but just admit Khan did not look good against Peterson..And was almost knockout by Maidana,while Bradley has fought many different styles and has dominated consistently which I believe is TS point...

Comment

Kotelnik is a boxer, and Matthysse is a puncher. . . They both beat Alexander. . . I wouldn't say Peterson is a boxer; the way he fought Khan was more of a puncher/inside fighter. . .

Fact is, Khan beat Maidana 7 rounds to 5, and he beat Peterson 8 rounds to 4. . . Having two close fights with quality opponents doesn't "expose" you. . .
                  Umm Khan lost to Peterson??Hard to take you seriously when you can't even admit to ya self that Khan lost..So did Kotelnik and Matthysse,no matter how ya feel about it..Make ya arguments,but at least acknowledge what happen,facts are Devon has a win over both those fighters named...Oh and I did not feel he beat either fighter,but I'm not a judge and have to deal with the reality that he Devon won those fights...I felt Peterson beat Ortiz,but it's not like while talking about Peterson I'm gonna give Peterson the win over Ortiz cause I felt he won..

Comment

I think that the way Alexander dominated Maidana is more a testiment to Alexander being a better welter than jr welter. Khan was simply far overrated to begin with. I mean he was blazing quick for about 3 rounds then got very ordinary. There were even some on BS that swore Khan beats anyone between 140-147 not named Floyd or Manny. Crazy talk really.

Comment

A mere con is over-rated. Peterson will win (again).

Comment

Working...
                      X