Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul "The Punisher" Williams, one of the few throwback fights in the game.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good point on the waiting as IMO Paul does wait around a bit too much

take after he fought Margarito, Paul sat the rest of the year out.

what I really liked was after knocking out Quintana last year and unable to find a sutable challenger at 147, Paul stayed busy and finished out the year fighting at Middleweight and Junior Middle

granted the opponents might not have been Elite or the best but I liked the idea of it, that Williams took fights and stayed active.

Comment

Maybe he is the truth, but I like to see if he feels the same way about fighting a Dawson.
      I think Paul Williams can arguably beat everyone, but as soon as he starts getting bigger will he be willing to fight someone that represents a real threat to him someone big with knocking power? I guess only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Williams has the potential to be a great fighter. But potential doesnt equal **** until you fulfill it. He seems to get a lot of praise without having achieved enough to warrant it.
        He just shut out Winky and won every round. He deserves props for that.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          He just shut out Winky and won every round. He deserves props for that.
          It was more Winky-Lite than Winky Wright though.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
            Yet, he somehow has haters.
            im still kinda iffy about him, most of his opponets stood in front of him which is what pavlik gonna do but i'll still give him the credit if he beats him. but i want to see what he'll do vs some who will try and take it to a inside fight. **** kirkland probaly would have gave him problems if not for his stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Williams has the potential to be a great fighter. But potential doesnt equal **** until you fulfill it. He seems to get a lot of praise without having achieved enough to warrant it.
              Sorry but sound like a hater. How in the Hell can Paul prove hes the best win the fighters out there that we give credit to want fight him. Pavlik, Clottey, Mosley, Mayweather, Margarito (Claimed to be the best WW but he had a loss on his record to williams and wouldn't avenge that loss if his life depended on it. You name me one WW that will fight Paul or maybe a junior MW that will fight P will. Now you have Middle Weights running whats next.
              Stop hating and give williams his credit P4P King.
              Last edited by EMACULATE; 10-31-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EMACULATE View Post
                Sorry but sound like a hater. How in the Hell can Paul prove hes the best win the fighters out there that we give credit to want fight him. Pavlik, Clottey, Mosley, Mayweather, Margarito (Claimed to be the best WW but he had a loss on his record to williams and wouldn't avenge that loss if his life depended on it. You name me one WW that will fight Paul or maybe a junior MW that will fight P will. Now you have Middle Weights running whats next.
                Stoop hating and give williams his credit P4P King.
                P4P King? lol You dont get credit for how many guys supposedly duck you. You get credit for actually fighting.

Comment

yeah Paul's a good fighter .. and has several nice career wins (including over Wink, Phillips, Quintana and Margarito)

but I feel some posters are on his nuts way too much

like seriously every big name at 147 is ducking Williams and even the fighters who do wind up matched up with Paul don't want to fight him

so they're paid more to compemnsate for the ass kicking they'll be getting vs Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal90 View Post
                    im still kinda iffy about him, most of his opponets stood in front of him which is what pavlik gonna do but i'll still give him the credit if he beats him. but i want to see what he'll do vs some who will try and take it to a inside fight. **** kirkland probaly would have gave him problems if not for his stupidity.
                    He should be thankful most of his opponents stood right in front of him. The last time someone used footwork and angles, he got boxed silly. That's why I'm leaning towards Martinez.

Comment

Next Ali beat figher without stepping in the Ring PERIOD

Comment

Working...
                      X