No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Molina Regroups, Back in The Hunt With One Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Molina Regroups, Back in The Hunt With One Shot

Lightweight John Molina (25-2, 20 KO) of Covina, California, rebounded from the worst night of his professional life on Friday night at the Pueblo Pavilion in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with a vicious fourth round knockout of 28-year old Dannie Williams (22-3, 18 KO) of St. Louis, Missouri. The loss was Williams second in his last three starts and the first stoppage loss of his career. Molina was making his first start since a disappointing 44-second loss to then-WBC Lightweight titlist Antonio DeMarco.

[Click Here To Read More]

Molina back on track, proved he still has that strong right hand...won't be long to see him for a title shot once again !!

Comment

Very odd wasn't really a huge shot ... I lol'ed when dude was standing on the other side of the ring ... I wonder what would have happened if he was up by eight and was trying to get back into the ring, not hurt , and wanting to fight... Would he still have been counted out because he wasn't technically in the ring ala wwe ?

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        Very odd wasn't really a huge shot ... I lol'ed when dude was standing on the other side of the ring ... I wonder what would have happened if he was up by eight and was trying to get back into the ring, not hurt , and wanting to fight... Would he still have been counted out because he wasn't technically in the ring ala wwe ?
        It was a dead bang temple shot on Williams. No joke. I was kinda shocked myself when I first saw the knockdown, but the replays showed what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          It was a dead bang temple shot on Williams. No joke. I was kinda shocked myself when I first saw the knockdown, but the replays showed what happened.
          I guess now that I think about it... I just think some guys react differently to those kinda shots ... Even the one he landed earlier ( the one teddy was all riled up about ) that kinda buckled williams when I saw the replay it just didn't seem like such a big shot... Might say more about Williams chin than Molinas power

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
            I guess now that I think about it... I just think some guys react differently to those kinda shots ... Even the one he landed earlier ( the one teddy was all riled up about ) that kinda buckled williams when I saw the replay it just didn't seem like such a big shot... Might say more about Williams chin than Molinas power
            I'm not gassed up about Molinas power, bud.

But it was a perfect shot on the temple. As some one said on the guru talk I was on, "Da hell is he trying to do, crawl back in on his nipples?"

Williams was done. Showed great fighters heart and toughness just getting up, but the fight was over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              I'm not gassed up about Molinas power, bud.

But it was a perfect shot on the temple. As some one said on the guru talk I was on, "Da hell is he trying to do, crawl back in on his nipples?"

Williams was done. Showed great fighters heart and toughness just getting up, but the fight was over.
              Hey it did what it had to do ... Who really knows ... I just don't see a demarco or broner or Gamboa for that matter getting ktfoed by that same exact punch ... Maybe Gamboa hits the deck for a few seconds lol

Comment

created a lil gif of it.

Comment

Williams should hang it up. He got caught flush on the chin (though it was a glancing blow) and then a little later got caught on the temple. BANG! This guys lack of defense could get him seriously hurt. I'm kinda surprised this was his first stoppage loss with that shotty defense. Atleast he wasn't in with a serious puncher.

Comment

Good shot by Molina.....

Comment

Working...
                    X