No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto's Attorney Discusses The Evangelista Judgement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto's Attorney Discusses The Evangelista Judgement

Gabriel Peñagarícano, the legal adviser to former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs), discussed last week's court judgment which directed Miguel to pay nearly $2 million dollars to his uncle and former trainer Evangelista Cotto.

Back in 2009, prior to Cotto's scheduled fight with Joshua Clottey, Miguel was involved in a physical altercation with Evangelista at their training camp in Caguas, Puerto Rico. It started as a verbal dispute, but quickly became physical when Evangelista struck Miguel.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn that must've been a pretty bad fight.

Comment

Cotto should ko his uncle again for being a greedy ****

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        Cotto should ko his uncle again for being a greedy ****
        Cotto isn't a saint himself bro. A boxer should never assault an old man.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
          My understanding is that his uncle attacked first with a brick and Miguel was defending himself.

Comment

Good post.

Comment

Why are people calling Evangelista old as if he's 83 years old lol. Dude threw a brick at Miguel's car. Sorry, but if that's my uncle I'm at least punching him in the mouth and sending him the bill.

Yea, Cotto isn't a saint by any means, but hell if Im gonna stand there while my Uncle throws a brick and my car and say "OK, sorry Tio..."

Comment

He is not a saint. He can be an ahole sometimes. But he did not assault his uncle. If that happened he had been arrested. The argument/fight it leans to Cotto bad mouthing his uncle who is an ahole too. They always were fighting. The only reason they stayed that long it was because of Junito father.

Originally posted by bobgyro
                They will find Cottos' uncle floating in the ocean if the Puerto Rican boxing fans are serious about their love for Cotto.
                WTF are you talking about? We dont do that around here. And people dont love Cotto that much. It is a 50/50 love hate relationship with him here.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Why are people calling Evangelista old as if he's 83 years old lol. Dude threw a brick at Miguel's car. Sorry, but if that's my uncle I'm at least punching him in the mouth and sending him the bill.

Yea, Cotto isn't a saint by any means, but hell if Im gonna stand there while my Uncle throws a brick and my car and say "OK, sorry Tio..."
                  Call the cops? Duh! Get a bigger laugh seeing him go in handcuffs instead. Also boxer's hands are a deadly weapon. I know you love Cotto so you're going to be sentimental but it's not a good excuse for ANY boxer to hit an elderly man.

Comment

Evangelista acting like a lil girl, after cotto handed him his a$$.

Comment

Working...
                    X