Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death in the ring...could this have been avoided?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death in the ring...could this have been avoided?

Hard to say..could have been stopped a few punches earlier but no one knows what difference it would have made. Madonna was supposed to have made a movie about Emile Griffith's story but it never materialized for the material girl.

Comment

That **** was brutal,he beat that man like he raped his daughter

Comment

he took unnecessary punishment, for sure. this wasn't the first beating he's ever taken. could the death have been avoided?
        almost certainly, i'd think. there was ample opportunity for that fight to be stopped.

he was stopped in his previous fight, i believe against gene fulmer, and he was stopped a few fights prior to that, against griffith.
        fulmer was a middleweight, and a very good one.

Comment

The best way to avoid that is to start outside the ring...the Mayweather way: Health come first so avoid that fight at all cost.

Comment

I'm not the only one who saw 'Ring of Fire.' Gene Fullmer claimed he was a major contributing factor to Paret's condition at the time he was felled. Paret had a rough career. The third Griffith fight was his 12th loss, 4th by damaging KO or stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
              The best way to avoid that is to start outside the ring...the Mayweather way: Health come first so avoid that fight at all cost.
              Easy for Floyd to say. He makes many many many times the amount of purses virtually all of his boxing contemporaries do. Nobody would take matches they didn't HAVE to for an unnecessary beating and a small payday. This is how these people make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                Son go play with some matches in a gas station parking lot

Comment

That was Brutal, I'd never seen that fight before or even heard of these guys...R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                    That was Brutal, I'd never seen that fight before or even heard of these guys...R.I.P.
                    Yes and it happened on live tv..imagine that

Comment

Working...
                    X