No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inside The CompuBox Numbers: Dawson vs Hopkins II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Inside The CompuBox Numbers: Dawson vs Hopkins II

47-year old Bernard Hopkins got what he wanted defensively against Chad Dawson in their rematch, it was lack of offensive Execution that failed him Saturday night.

Hopkins, the master at blunting his opponents offense, limited Dawson to an average of 13 punches landed per round/36 thrown per round. Dawson had averaged 17 landed/49 thrown in his previous ten fights at 175 lbs. That’s a 24% drop off in landed punches and 27% in thrown.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not bad for a 47-year-old.

Comment

He threw half the LHW average, all pitty party punches

Comment

hopkinsfought like an old and desperate man that cheery picks...lucky he's not a generation bk ..Monzon would have crushed him @ '60....

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          hopkinsfought like an old and desperate man that cheery picks...lucky he's not a generation bk ..Monzon would have crushed him @ '60....
          Which Monzon? A 47 year old Monzon? Which Hopkins, the 47 year old or a prime version.

Comment

the stats reflect the action, not always the case

Dawson won, but it was tough and ugly, and rather boring

Hopkins showed his (dirty) craft once again

Comment

stats can't look good when one guy wants to "HUG IT OUT" for 12 Rounds

it is kinda funny how B-Hop joked about MMA laying on top of each other but as much as B-Hop Clinches, I honestly don't see the difference between the two

I have no problem with B-Hop tactics when he actually THREW PUNCHES with some of his sneak clever tactics...but that fight against Dawson, I seen a OLD MAN that knew he couldn't beat his opponents so he just went out and made the fight look as UGLY AS POSSIBLE so he can survive...no different then Mosley making the fight with Pacquiao "UGLY" just so he can survive
              Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I've got to say, I thought Compubox was waaaaaaay off in this fight. A lot of shots that fell short or were caught by Hopkins on his glove (often the palm as he covered his face with one hand) seemed to be registering.

I remember a few rounds thinking that Dawson hadn't landed anything notable, then being startled by the compubox stats shown on the live transmission, often 10-12 punches. Kinda, "WTF did they get those numbers from!?"

There were a number of Dawson combinations that Hopkins defensively schooled him on, avoiding or blocking everything - including the one that the HBO commentators ate their original pronouncements that Dawson landed good shots, which were shown to be blocked or missing in the slow motion. I think that set the tone for the majority of the bout, although the commentators failed to learn their lesson from that particular revelation.

Comment

It's not hard to lower a guys out put when you grab his lead arm and piggyback him the whole fight. Prevents him from throwing the jab and tires him out. Some inspiring MMA techniques from Bhop. Even had a beauty of a takedown on Dawson. He's definitely in the wrong sport. He should get together with his boy Rashad Evans.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
                    I've got to say, I thought Compubox was waaaaaaay off in this fight. A lot of shots that fell short or were caught by Hopkins on his glove (often the palm as he covered his face with one hand) seemed to be registering.

I remember a few rounds thinking that Dawson hadn't landed anything notable, then being startled by the compubox stats shown on the live transmission, often 10-12 punches. Kinda, "WTF did they get those numbers from!?"

There were a number of Dawson combinations that Hopkins defensively schooled him on, avoiding or blocking everything - including the one that the HBO commentators ate their original pronouncements that Dawson landed good shots, which were shown to be blocked or missing in the slow motion. I think that set the tone for the majority of the bout, although the commentators failed to learn their lesson from that particular revelation.
                    Hopkins did not defensively school anyone. You dont "defensively school" someone and still lose by a wide margin. Its like saying Kevin Johnson defensively schooled Vitali Klitschko. Ummm no

And i forgot that that you and all the other Hopkins fans were born with slow mo in your eye balls. Obviously live in real speed it looked like he landed.

Comment

Working...
                    X