No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC's Sulaiman Looks To Reprimand Donaire-Montiel Ref

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC's Sulaiman Looks To Reprimand Donaire-Montiel Ref

The President of the he World Boxing Council (WBC), Jose Sulaiman, is planning to send a letter to the Nevada State Athletic Commission to reprimand referee Russell Mora, who worked last Saturday's fight between bantamweights Nonito Donaire and Fernando Montiel. The WBC will complain that Mora should have stopped the fight when Montiel was dropped in the second round, and instead exposed the fighter to suffering further injury by allowed the bout to continue for a moment longer.

[Click Here To Read More]

this might be the first time ive ever agreed with Sulaiman

Comment

have a hard time believin Sulaiman was worried about Montiels health...

Comment

Sulaiman should worry about collecting Manny's money

MAYBE that ref shoulda stopped the fight, but he aint a rogue ref like Arthur Mercante Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
          have a hard time believin Sulaiman was worried about Montiels health...
          Sulaiman had money on a KO, not TKO. The ref messed it all up by letting Montiel get off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by UL1210 View Post
            this might be the first time ive ever agreed with Sulaiman
            You need to watch the tape again.....Sulaiman needs to stay out of this and worry about his little corrupt alphabet group. If you watch the reply, when Montiels legs and arms started to shake the ref was busy telling Donaire to get to his corner. His back was turned and he did NOT see any of that happening. I'm pretty sure the ref would've stopped it had he seen it.

Comment

nah, you let a mexican #1 bantamweight get a second chance, that is just common knowledge, if he had been seriously hurt with that last flurry from donaire, than maybe i would agree, but that was not the case at all, he gave montiel a chance donaire came on offensive and mora came in as soon as he saw montiel couldn't defend himself, which was after one land punch and i believe one missed punch.
              But don't get me wrong, i was very surprised he got up from that punch, and i would not have blamed the ref for calling the fight like a second after hitting the canvas. cuz at that point he looked like he was done or when he initially stumbled getting up, both are acceptable times to call it, but not once he has got back on his feet and is steady.

Comment

I think the ref did a good job. The fighter got up so he gave him a chance to continue. When it seemed that he couldn't defend himself, the ref stepped in quickly. The timing was fine IMO.

Comment

cuz he didnt he just knows donaire will drop that wbc lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                    You need to watch the tape again.....Sulaiman needs to stay out of this and worry about his little corrupt alphabet group. If you watch the reply, when Montiels legs and arms started to shake the ref was busy telling Donaire to get to his corner. His back was turned and he did NOT see any of that happening. I'm pretty sure the ref would've stopped it had he seen it.
                    ive seen it plenty of times. you should rewatch and see that Mora is standing directly in front of Montiel asking for his gloves and Montiel is completely unresponsive. If you cant answer the refs call the fight is off.

Comment

Working...
                    X