No announcement yet.

BJ Penn goes up up up in weight to face the mysterious Ryoto Machida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJ Penn goes up up up in weight to face the mysterious Ryoto Machida

Yeah, i saw the fight on his record a while back and I had to look it up and watch it myself. He's got some major balls to take the fight, and that it went the distance speaks volumes for BJ Penn.

Comment

This was during BJ's hiatus from the UFC after winning the Welterweight title and more or less solidifying his reign as number 1 lightweight with his wins over Gomi and Ludwig. He was on a mad rampage just moving up in weight to fight 2 Gracies at middleweight and then take a fight at Light-Heavyweight with one of the best around today. BJ not only has talent but a big set of balls to go with them. He probably did more to Machida than any of Machida's opponents prior to this bout and after this bout as well which is saying alot since the guy had already KO'ed Rich franklin and went on to stop Soko and school Tito.

Comment

wow, Im actually just watching this clip right now.

really dated fight, as this fight was on the 1st ever K-1 HERO'S and now HERO'S isn't even around anymore.

pointless, I know.

Comment

Now with BJ's new "Zen" mode he will surely give GSP a great match up!

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
            Now with BJ's new "Zen" mode he will surely give GSP a great match up!
            Yeah, both guys have been on a role as of late, and GSP looked really good in his last fight, so this is a very intriguing match-up right now.

Comment

Working...
            X