Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime sugar shane vs mayweather Jr@135(lightweight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
    mosley probabley sparks him, feet too fast, hands too fast, counter puncher too, floyds gonna eat leather, ya know, considering what mosley did to him with the one and only power punch he landed flush, and he had that mean lead left hook back then also
    shane was NEVER a counter puncher. he was always an attack dog that came at you until he got you. floyd beats shane the same way he just beat him. floyd would counter an frustrate shen all night. and considering floyd called out shane numerous times and shane shamlessly ducked floyd. i have to say shane also knew he couldnt handle the fast hands and feet along with superb defense of pretty boy floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
      shane wanted no parts of floyd when Shane was in his prime and was undefeated. remember that
      how soon people forget. floyd also called out oscar who ducked floyd saying too much risk and not enough reward.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        At 135 Floyd was much more willing to fight, though I do believe it would have been a dangerous fight for Floyd. He would have out pointed Shane, Vernon Forrest speed caused Shane problems and Floyd would have caused the same problems!
        a lot of things about Vernon Forrest troubled Shane but speed wasn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I don't think floyd would last more than 3 rounds. Remember were talking about a Shane that looked unbeatable at that point in time.

Pac vs Shane at 135 is a much more interesting fight
          now in this fight i would have to take shane because pac has no defense and would eat plenty of two fisted bombs from shane. shane would kill pac inside of four rounds. its floyds defense and boxing acumen that always sets him apart from all other fighters. along with the uncanny ability to make infight adjustments. if a man does not beat floyd in the first 3 rounds, floyd re calculates and blast off with his foe befuddled and bruised up. some of you forget boxing is called the sweet science for a reason. eventhough its a violent sport its a thinking mans game. and he that out thinks, wins.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            You are wrong, Forrest had only average speed. What happened i that first fight was that Forrest had a powerful and accurate long jab, and also a very solid right hand which Mosley didn't seem to know how to protect against. He was wide open for it the whole fight, and i remember it distinctly as being the first time I noticed this Mosely weakness. The second fight could have been a draw.

As for a Mayweather fight, Mosley was unbeatable at 135, and not only that, he was devastating, and went for the jugular every second of every fight. He had 9-10 title fights and won by a big KO each time, except, I think against Holiday when he won the title. I believe that Mayweather would do his usual running game with occasional brilliant combinations when he was sure he wouldn't get hit.
            again you show how little you know about the sweet science. floyd does not run from anyone. its called setting traps and putting your foe in the position you want him to use the weapons you want to use. too many here are awed by these fights where one man is fighting a soup can and looks fantastic. until he runs into a man that is a student of the sweet science then he has 3 fights where the outcome is not positive and the 3rd most thought the boxer beat the clubber. so now the clubber fights the boxer for a fourth time and the end will still be unsatisfied for many because the powerful promoter will ensure the clubber comes out on top so he can make mega millions vs floyd. oh its true!!!!!

Comment

Um Floyd is undefeated in fantasy fights so I don't see how he loses this one.

Comment

Floyd would make a 118-110 UD

Comment

Mosley outworks Floyd and takes UD or forces late stoppage, probably goes the distance though.

Comment

There are some major misconceptions in this thread, one of them being that Shane was not a counter puncher, I feel like there are people commenting here that never watched Shane fight back then, or haven't done for a long time. When Floyd fought Shane he was nearly shot, he didn't become that way overnight, if you look back over his career you can notice the steady decline, he was well past his best when Cotto fought him, and although Cotto outboxed him and beat him (close) I came away from that fight thinking Cotto would not have competed with a prime Shane. In his prime he did a little of everything, he really was a tremendous fighter.

Another misconception - Shane ducking Floyd. Why would Shane fight Floyd? Because he was such a huge draw and he could make a lot money?...No
                    Because they were in the same weight division?...No
                    Because there was a huge public outcry for the fight?...No

So let me get this straight Shane jumps 2 weight divisions to set up a fight with a Prime Oscar, the cash cow of boxing and people call this a duck? Not to mention that Floyd didn't move up to 135 (where he arguably lost his first fight) a Full 2 years after Shane fought Oscar at 147. This is not a duck people (when I say people, I think everyone knows who this is directed too). It was smart business, in fact it is not even that, it was the obvious decision.

No one gave a crap about Floyd back then, he was not a draw. Once Shane fought and beat Oscar, everyone and their mother was calling Shane out. Obviously when Floyd beat Oscar then the tables turned and Floyd became the marketable star, and Shane wanted the pay day. This is boxing.

Shane has no history of ducking anyone, look at his resume for god sakes! He always took on challenges, some of which he didn't need to. Whilst the other guy has a history of measuring risk vs reward. In terms of the fight I stand by my call, I think eventually Floyd gets taken out, but I don't begrudge the opinion that Floyd pulls out a points win, but I personally don't see it. Shane was not nearly the fighter we are talking about in this thread compared to the 38 year old that fought Floyd.

Comment

I can't believe the responses here.

Floyd UD. 9-3.

Comment

Working...
                      X