No announcement yet.

Bradley's future as the Jr. Welterweight king

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley's future as the Jr. Welterweight king

Speaking with hopes that the Bradley/Pacquiao fight doesn't happen (it would just be a terrible fight for him from every aspect other than the 24/7 exposure, but even than, he's not exactly a stellar personality, so what's there?), and Bradley's only other significant fight against Khan going the way I expect it to go (Khan basically beats him in a 1-sided fight, it maybe won't be as flashy as the Maidana fight due to Bradley's skill and slickness, but still 1-sided), what do u guys think of Bradley's future run as the 140 king...

After Khan moves on to bigger and better things at 147, Bradley will basically (by default) be the #1 at 140. There r lots of stellar fights for him at 140 against guys like Maidana, Matthysse, Guerrero, Brandon Rios when he moves up, (one of my dream matches, assuming Marquez has anything left after Pac) maybe Juan Manuel Marquez, (I've heard decent things about) Danny Garcia, and there's always the periodic jumps up to welterweight to fight guys like Berto, Jones (maybe... He's kinda big, and yet still nothing special, so this isn't a must), Zaveck, Ortiz, maybe even a Gamboa fight etc....

Anyway, what do u guys think of this occurring (assuming at least MOST of every fight I mentioned happens). Do u guys see any PPV worthy match-ups, and potential fight of the year candidates. Do u see a hall of fame worthy career for Bradley assuming he does well in all/most of these fights. What's ur opinion on all this?

To be honest, I don't really know what made me want to make this thread. I was just thinking of all these match-ups, and how Bradley would be the man to beat at 140, so all of these guys would be gunning for a fight with him... IDK

Bradley's going to move up too, though.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      and Bradley's only other significant fight against Khan going the way I expect it to go (Khan basically beats him in a 1-sided fight, it maybe won't be as flashy as the Maidana fight due to Bradley's skill and slickness, but still 1-sided), what do u guys think of Bradley's future run as the 140 king...
      Khan-Maidana was 1-sided?

113-112, 114-111, 114-111.

And that's the scores after 2 points was deducted for Maidana (1 KD and 1 foul).

Khan won, no doubt about it, but one-sided? Nah.

Comment

Errr no OP... Khan is #1 at JWW since Bradley didn't want to fight him there.

Comment

Casamayor, then PAC. Nice end to his career.

Comment

Has passed. Bradley is setting up for his shot at the #2 cash cow in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
              Khan-Maidana was 1-sided?

113-112, 114-111, 114-111.

And that's the scores after 2 points was deducted for Maidana (1 KD and 1 foul).

Khan won, no doubt about it, but one-sided? Nah.
              U can give him one or 2 of the middle rounds, and of course at least 2 of the last 3, but any round he won before the last 3, he BARELY won. Khan dominated every round that he won. Those rounds weren't even close. Was it one sided e.g. Pac/De La Hoya? No... But was there a clear gap in skill and ability visible? Absolutely

Comment

Bradley is still the real number 1 at LW and all the real intresting fight s to be had are still LW even when Khan takes his wool pulling ass up to WW where there is only a hand full up and comers and Floyd all of which he will avoid like the plauge, he aint gona fight no Ortiz, Berto, Jones, Pac, Brook, all too dangerous, he will just wait for pay day against Floyd who has no real reason to even face Khan except money.

Comment

Bradley's future? Inhouse catchweight fights. Pac-Bradley@147, Rios-Bradley@144, Cotto-Bradley @150....

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                    U can give him one or 2 of the middle rounds, and of course at least 2 of the last 3, but any round he won before the last 3, he BARELY won. Khan dominated every round that he won. Those rounds weren't even close. Was it one sided e.g. Pac/De La Hoya? No... But was there a clear gap in skill and ability visible? Absolutely
                    Khan did not dominate every round only khan groupies say that, maidana won round 3, i think 6 (maybe 5 cant rememeber one of the two) and rounds 10-12.

Comment

Working...
                    X