Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Playstation Vs Nintendo 64

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am actually a Sony guy but I gotta go with 64. I have alot of history with Golden Eye, Wave Runner, and Mario Kart.

Playstation had some great games but I did not end up getting a PS till much later.

Edit: Great post btw. Difficult comparison.

Comment

The number of titles released on the Ps1 is ridiculous.

To this day has any other console come close? I doubt it.

It's the Heavyweight Champ of Console systems.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

PS1 hands down.

MGS1 + Special Missions, GTA 1/2/London, Gran Turismo 2, Resident Evil 1+2, Tekken 3, Syphon Filter 1+2, Driver, Final Fantasy 7, ISS Pro Evo 2, G-Police, Policenauts, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.

I liked the N64, but it wasn't as good as the PS1. Goldeneye is a better FPS than any on the PS1 though.

Comment

PS1 takes it because of the wide variety of more serious games. Zelda was amazing and Goldeneye was great but every other game for the N64 was a family friendly cartoon game. PS1 had the best serious RPGs, the best racers, the best fighting and the best sports games, the Resi Evil series was outstanding, Metal Gear Solid was groundbreaking and then there's Silent Hill...

The average age of a console gamer is now 25-35 yrs and this is due in a large part to the fact that Sony's machine was putting out games with distinctly grown up themes like the first GTA or even Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 while Nintendo were still marketing their machine to families with young children.

So as great as Mario is, I'm a bit more interested in nuanced gaming than I am in jumping on mushrooms.

Comment

N64 had probably the two best games of all time in OOT and Mario 64.

Also great games like: Mario Kart, Zelda Majoras Mask, Goldeney, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Conkers Bad fur day and Wrestlemania 2000.

not as many games as the ps1, but better AAA titles imo

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              N64 had probably the two best games of all time in OOT and Mario 64.

Also great games like: Mario Kart, Zelda Majoras Mask, Goldeney, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Conkers Bad fur day and Wrestlemania 2000.

not as many games as the ps1, but better AAA titles imo
              Almost exclusively cartooney family games though.

Comment

Classics!

Comment

Nintendo 64 was king of wrestling games, though.. wcw nwo revenge, wrestlemania2000 and no mercy... Ocarina of Time is a 10 in my personal opinion, that's a definite classic. But PS1 has more.

Comment

n64 wins this no loading times, 4 player, joy sticks,, rumble packs, saving games on the actual cartridge, better graphics, and cant scratch cartridges.

then theres the games like 1080 snowboarding, snowboard kids, extreme g, vigilante 8, south park, quest 64, mystic ninja, bomberman, harvest moon, starcraft, and all the eternal classics that have allready been mentioned like zelda, golden eye, mario cart, mario 64, and super smash bros.

Comment

Nintendo 64 was king

Comment

Working...
                      X