No announcement yet.

Defending Williams...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defending Williams...

I see people saying he has a glass chin, that is insane.

We've seen in the past he takes a great shot, he got knocked out by a hard puncher and that punch would have KO'd most almost any fighter in and around that division.

His defence is a big problem but he does not have a glass chin.

Agreed, and it's the same with Ricky Hatton, some shots just hit you like a fcukin truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
      I see people saying he has a glass chin, that is insane.

We've seen in the past he takes a great shot, he got knocked out by a hard puncher and that punch would have KO'd most almost any fighter in and around that division.

His defence is a big problem but he does not have a glass chin.

1. Martinez isn't a big puncher!

2. Williams has never been in the ring with someone who I would consider to be a big puncher.

Comment

Williams has a SOLID chin..his defense is just ****!..

Comment

The problem is when you get cracked like that, your chin is never really the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Rаbbit ® View Post
            The problem is when you get cracked like that, your chin is never really the same.
            I never understod this thory among boxing fans. Is there any actual scientific evidence of this or is this just another voodoo mumbo jumbo theory that boxing fans have made up over the years.

Comment

He don't have a glass jaw. He may not have the iron Duran/De La Hoya jaw that most people think he has, but's he's far from glass.

And to say Martinez doesn't hit hard is dumb. Look what he did to Pavlick. He Busted Pavlick's face all up same way Pacquiao did Margarito.

I do, however, think his chin has been dented. We'll see

Comment

He HAD a great chin in the past. I doubt it is still iron, it's cracked, he needs to become a jabber.

Comment

He has always had a good chin,he just has no defence whatsoever.Too think people called him elite is pretty funny now

Comment

His defense is pretty horrid... He had both hands near waist level when he got smoked...

Comment

Working...
                    X