No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Dan Goossen Will See Arbitration on Tuesday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Dan Goossen Will See Arbitration on Tuesday

A source close to the situation told BoxingScene.com on Monday that an arbitration hearing involving the California State Athletic Commission will be held Tuesday to discuss the status of super middleweight champion Andre Ward and his promotional contract with Goossen Tutor Promotions.

Rumors in the industry have suggested that Ward is trying to break free from his contract with Goossen Tutor, which is headed by longtime promoter Dan Goossen.

Ward, who had shoulder surgery in January, has not fought since stopping Chad Dawson in the 10th round of a title defense in Oakland, Calif. [Click Here To Read More]

I guess one can feel for Goossen if that's the case but it's a short career and it's the fighter taking the punches.

Comment

Wonder what Wards beef is. Goossen works well with GB and top rank. I can only assume Ward has an issue with his popularity, yet that's on him to not just on the promoter. I like to watch Ward's fights but his build ups are always boring. It doesn't need to have cursing and ignorance to be interesting, but it needs something...

Comment

Ward wants Chavez Jr. TR he will go.

Comment

Thought Goosen did an excellent job with Dre. What do I know I guess?

Comment

I think Andre Ward will go with Top Rank, they have a nice stable of fighters that can get him paid and probably have better relationships with overseas promoters unlike Golden Boy which apparently has been burning bridges all over the place in the last year.

When you look at everything, it just makes sense, Ward's buddy from Showtime moved to HBO Sports. Ward then makes the move to HBO and has the back-up announcing spot behind Roy Jones, Jr. Top Rank is officially an HBO stable-mate again and have a few Super Middleweights they can feed to Andre Ward.

Also, Top Rank and SMS Promotions work together now, so I see an Andre Dirrell fight in the future. Ward will fight a gimme fight to tune-up, take Froch on in the Spring (Arum will get that fight done in Vegas, believe me), after that I would assume Julio Caesar Chavez, Jr. and Andre Dirrell would be the next two fights for Andre Ward then look at a fight with Lucian Bute & Adonis Stevenson.
            Last edited by kombayn; 06-24-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Why would Ward leave? Goosen has done a terrific job for him so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
                I think Andre Ward will go with Top Rank, they have a nice stable of fighters that can get him paid and probably have better relationships with overseas promoters unlike Golden Boy which apparently has been burning bridges all over the place in the last year.

When you look at everything, it just makes sense, Ward's buddy from Showtime moved to HBO Sports. Ward then makes the move to HBO and has the back-up announcing spot behind Roy Jones, Jr. Top Rank is officially an HBO stable-mate again and have a few Super Middleweights they can feed to Andre Ward.

Also, Top Rank and SMS Promotions work together now, so I see an Andre Dirrell fight in the future. Ward will fight a gimme fight to tune-up, take Froch on in the Spring (Arum will get that fight done in Vegas, believe me), after that I would assume Julio Caesar Chavez, Jr. and Andre Dirrell would be the next two fights for Andre Ward then look at a fight with Lucian Bute & Adonis Stevenson.
                Andre Dirrell is Ward's buddy since youth... They'll never fight each other. Anyway, Dirrell stopped fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
                  Also, Top Rank and SMS Promotions work together now, so I see an Andre Dirrell fight in the future. Ward will fight a gimme fight to tune-up
                  lol Dirrell could be the gimme fight.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Andre Dirrell is Ward's buddy since youth... They'll never fight each other. Anyway, Dirrell stopped fighting.
                  I know they're friends but from way back? As I understood it Ward was willing to fight Dirrell, it was Dirrell who didn't want to fight.

Comment

Goosen did a good job but Ward showed hes to good and i bet other promoters dont wanna put in their big boys with him. Ward is about to sell soul for fight

Comment

Working...
                    X