Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Gamboa ***** out of the Rios fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Why would Gamboa vs. Rios even be entertained as a possibility, if not to set one of those two up as a Pacquiao opponent?

Gamboa was going to be given a crack at Pacquiao if he beat Rios the way many of us thought he would. Arum's waiting for that next cash cow, and he was about to make Gamboa that guy.
    Arum knew Gamboa was not happy with his contract he was about to teach him a lesson and Gamboa is too short and compact to be fighting over 135, actually 135 is a stretch, he was trying to make Rios the cash cow not Gamboa but I think Gamboa would have beat Rios then fighting Pacquio over 140 would have been a crime...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
      Just found out it's off because Gamboa refused to turn up to the press conferences. What a clown. This was a fight the fans wanted. He does not want to be great. That fight would have taken his career to a new level, and probably put him top 5 P4P if he won. That's the difference between a pretender and a true legend like Pacquiao who put it all on the line going up in weight late in his career. Funny how Pacquiao haters claim going up multiple weights is easy. Gamboa was going to be the next guy to try do something similar. Such a shame he lost his balls for it.
      A legend like Pacquiao LMAO. That legend wouldnt move up 2 lbs to fight Cotto twice. And you expect Yuri to move up 2 weight classes LMAO. Besides from what I heard from Yuri was it was a business move. You can have the Rios fight but you have to sign a 5 year extension first. Theres always a catch. Besides who the fock is Rios? Is that fat bastard gonna even make weight this time? Fake as$ Cali wannabe cholo.

Comment

Just like chavez just came out and said he will not sign a contract extension to get a fight I feel this is what they tried to do to gamboa. He didn't duck just didn't want to sell his soul to arum. Can you blaim him?

Comment

Working...
        X