No announcement yet.

Where the hell is jermaine taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the hell is jermaine taylor?

We know he had some bad performances but, he can still beat some of the guys out here right??? Where is he??? Yo boxingscene posters, do you think taylor still have something left in the tank or is he a shot fighter now???

Who knows, maybe a long vacation was exactly what he needed. It takes time to heal pride and head injuries from 2 brutal back to back KO losses. Not to mention the brutal KO loss to Pavlik. He could easily still have a good run left in him because your stupid if you don't believe he's one of the most skilled boxers out there. He didn't win an Olympic medal for nothing. Didn't beat B-Hop for nothing.

Just bad career management if you ask me. He went from Hopkins to another close war with Winky Wright. Then instead of giving Winky the rematch he deserved which could of brought straight cash, he took 2 silly worthless bouts against Spinks and Ouma, then ran into a straight brick wall against Pavlik.

Definitely has the talent as you saw him take it to Froch, just needs conditioning and motivation again. Could see him challenging for a world title again if he got his ***** together. Might be too depressed and mentally defeated now to even make a comeback though.

Comment

he was beating Froch and doing ok against Abraham. They should bring him in against a nobody, and then give him an TV date against washed up and beatable Edison Miranda to finally settle that beef and get some buzz going. Taylor vs Martinez and then call it a day.

Comment

Well after the winky wright fight he looked vulnerable then spinks??? Come on man and ouma??? I guess he was certainly declining... I think he got that cash and got real comfortable where he didn,t have to work that hard... He forgot how poor he was if u ask me and that,s what defeat most fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
          Who knows, maybe a long vacation was exactly what he needed. It takes time to heal pride and head injuries from 2 brutal back to back KO losses. Not to mention the brutal KO loss to Pavlik. He could easily still have a good run left in him because your stupid if you don't believe he's one of the most skilled boxers out there. He didn't win an Olympic medal for nothing. Didn't beat B-Hop for nothing.

Just bad career management if you ask me. He went from Hopkins to another close war with Winky Wright. Then instead of giving Winky the rematch he deserved which could of brought straight cash, he took 2 silly worthless bouts against Spinks and Ouma, then ran into a straight brick wall against Pavlik.

Definitely has the talent as you saw him take it to Froch, just needs conditioning and motivation again. Could see him challenging for a world title again if he got his ***** together. Might be too depressed and mentally defeated now to even make a comeback though.

overall, i agree.

however he did train his ass of for AA bout, especially on his conditioning, since thats what cost him in the froch.. Must have been a really bad blow for him...

btw, if he had lasted vs Froch and got the W, i imagine a comeback would be more expected. Especially with Froch`s recent run.

Comment

If he has loot left he should retire he took two nasty ko's and i already fear for his future he is already facing a future of pugilistic dementia.

Comment

If he had stamina he would have beaten Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post

he isnt a very skilled boxer, quite the oposite. hes a phenomenal athlete, thats what made him a good fighter. and he didnt beat hopkins..

either way hes taking a break from fighting with the intentions of coming back, in the meantime hes working out and staying in shape (unlike when he was fighting).

i think he was managed very well. winky was the one who turned down the rematch. the ouma fight was in little rock, cant make any real money there. jermain took it for the fans and ouma was the perfect guy to look good against. doesnt have the skills to beat bigger men but tough enough to hang in there a while. i agree with spinks. pavlik was the #1 contender, not fighting him would be to duck him.

he isnt depressed or anything, not from the interviews i seen. it was the ppl around him that made him take time of but he wants to fight and he believes he can be the best. it has been a longer layof then i expected though, but tthat might be what he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  If he has loot left he should retire he took two nasty ko's and i already fear for his future he is already facing a future of pugilistic dementia.
                  u can put those fears to rest.

brutal KO's isnt what causes pugilistic dementia, wars do. its not getting your lights turned of but getting hit consistently over several rounds that causes brain damage.

take paul williams as an example.. williams is in the danger zone, not for the second fight with martinez were he got brutally KO'd. but for fights like the first martinez bout where he took lots of punches over the course of 12 rounds.

jermain has been KO'd but he hasnt been in that many wars, no real reason to fear for health. froch, pacquiao, the marquez bros, margarito etc.. those are the kind of guys in the danger zone of suffering from braindamage one day.

Comment

I say he should return and rematch Winky... y the fucc not

Comment

Working...
                    X