Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that can not stand Chad Dawson's fake tough guy persona?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's he acting like a tough guy?

Dawson's humble as hell.

You're just ******ed.

Comment

Yes, you are the only one. You even called Dawson a "bum". WTF? Dawson is a highly skilled boxer with some quick hands.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        I think I had Dawson winning like 115-113 only because he started to land somewhat meaningful punches after the 7th.

The first half of the fight, you can rarely if ever point out a clean punch by Dawson. All the clean hits, even if they were singles were by Hopkins.
        Totally agree with this. I thought the HBO scorecards and the 117-111 scorecards were a disgrace. They were awarding rounds to Dawson for airshots and shots that Hopkins was literally catching in the palm of his gloves. To add insult to injury, when they acknowledged on the slow motion replays that they were seeing non-existent punches, they failed to learn.

Comment

TS i despise Dawson too. you definitely aren't on your own

Comment

I have NOTHING against Chad....I think he's a cool dude and at the end of the day he's real imo.....we all get mad and its just Chad had the cameras on him a few times when he was heated...thats all!!....never came across as a tough guy in my eyes

his fans are a funny bunch though....they said Ex got some of his own medicine in the first fight so I thought they were cool with bending the rules...but after hearing them cry and beeyotch about Saturday night I'm confused

Comment

I like Dawson, guy has the tools to really do something by clearing out light heavy. Funny how the TS said he's an awful fighter, smh these garbage boxing fans these days. I can understand if you don't like the guy but saying straight nonsense like the crap you did shows your limited knowledge of boxing. Awful fighters don't beat the likes of Adamek, Tarver, Johnson, & Hopkins. Dawson has been trying to get a Hopkins fight for years and when he finally does and it ends the way the first fight did it's no wonder he'd be upset. That's not acting tough, it's showing his frustration. Like another poster said good thing you're not a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                I have NOTHING against Chad....I think he's a cool dude and at the end of the day he's real imo.....we all get mad and its just Chad had the cameras on him a few times when he was heated...thats all!!....never came across as a tough guy in my eyes

his fans are a funny bunch though....they said Ex got some of his own medicine in the first fight so I thought they were cool with bending the rules...but after hearing them cry and beeyotch about Saturday night I'm confused
                In the first fight Chad shrugged him off cause he was leaning down on him. Hopkins regularly does this, where he throws the right hand lead and clinches as he comes in (to negate any counter), but Dawson ducked the punch so when Hop couldn't clinch him he leaned down and tried to keep him there. Dawson acted rough as a response to Hopkins' foul. In the second fight Hopkins kept headbutting and coming in with his head. That's not the same thing as Dawson shrugging Hopkins of his back when he's being pushed/held down.

Comment

Dawson was pissed because Hopkins fights like an *******. What is he supposed to just let hopkins lean on him, headbutt, and lock his arms in then just smile?

I thought dawson took over late and won 116-112. Noone looks good against hop so to me thats impressive enough.

Comment

I see nothing to dislike about Chad. He always comes across as a nice guy, he fights in a clean manner, he's a family man and he's beat a lot of top guy's.

His comment about Bernard not being a 'gangsta' wasn't acting hard at all, it was about time someone said it. We hear the same 'I'm from Philly, was in prison' type stuff from Bernard before every fight, Chad simply had enough. Same with the 'come on man' comments in the ring, he was tired of being held and head-butted.

117-111.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      you're a rare fish then
                      what fans he had here before he seemed to lose with the 2 Hopkins fights
                      I like dawson too. Great technical fighter. A real boxer in every sense of the word.
                      As far as the tough guy comments. Honestly having met the guy, he is a humble guy that's family oriented. As real as it gets. His attitude in this fight is probably driven by the frustration of getting the Hopkins fight for years. Then to only enter the ring with the Hopkins that will do anything and everything to get the victory even if he resorts to the "dirty" tactics.

Comment

Working...
                      X