Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik: The Lucian Bute Fight is Not Happening Either!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pavlik: The Lucian Bute Fight is Not Happening Either!

Super middleweight contender Kelly Pavlik spoke to NBC affiliate WFMJ and told the outlet that his withdrawal from this Saturday's fight with Darryl Cunningham was a "business decision." Pavlik is not happy with money involved in his two fight deal, which involved the bout with Cunningham and a fall showdown with IBF champion Lucian Bute of Canada.

[Click Here To Read More]

I wouldn't mind seeing Lucian Bute fight Glen Johnson or Andre Dirrell on Nov 5.

I wasn't overly excited about Bute-Pavlik anyway.

Comment

Peanuts?

Comment

This guy is a headcase. Should have fought on Saturday then start demanding more money from Bute.

Now he really hurt his rep, I'm sure royally pissed off Top Rank and who can he fight now for over a million dollars? Good luck getting that kind of money against Allen Green or Glen Johnson.

His best options now are Arthur Abraham or Paul Williams. Those are the only two fights I think he could possibly get that kind of payday in. And Williams most likely wont be fighting above 160 so that's a slim chance.

Comment

Who cares? I want to see Bute fight a real good Super Middleweight. Dirrell vs Bute, make it happen.

Comment

how can you do this on Showtime and in your hometown? Thats the kinda stuff that gets you black listed

Comment

Stick in a fork in this dead beat because he is DONE.

Hope he winds up getting raped by Glen Johnson on ESPN.

Comment

stevemaxboxing Steve Kim
                the thing that is bothersome about Pavlik turning down 'peanuts'- in his words($50 grand) is how many folks in Youngstown make that? #boxing

Comment

@ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
                  Multiple sources say this has nothing to do with drinking or any personal problems. Just a business decision by Pavlik.

Comment

I seriously have to change this sig.

Comment

Working...
                    X