No announcement yet.

Who is The best at 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is The best at 135?

Vazquez, Abril, Burns/Mitchell winner are surely by far the most proven?

The reason I ask is because whilst I expect him to probably take a tune up at his new weight class I keep hearing a name being thrown around for being a potential opponent seemingly everybody wants to see fight him, he goes by the name of Henry Lundy aka hammering Hank.

Why would you want to see this? Any of you...

What would this fight prove? Its a step down from Jason Litzau, real talk.

This guy is a horrific fighter, pretty tiny & has one of if not the worst chins in professional boxing. To his credit he has got up & won most, around 60% by robbery, mind you.

Why would you put Broner in with a guy like Lundy? It proves nothing at all. It would just be a brutal one sided affair that would last 4 rounds max, being generous to Lundy.

A Lundy fight sounds like a good tune up fight to me. Lundy is much better than you are giving him credit for. He isn't the best at the weight but he is better than Litzau. It is also a fight that can be sold to the public because of the beef between the two, the fight lead up would be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
      A Lundy fight sounds like a good tune up fight to me. Lundy is much better than you are giving him credit for. He isn't the best at the weight but he is better than Litzau. It is also a fight that can be sold to the public because of the beef between the two, the fight lead up would be epic.

Its pointless though, its just another bum to pad his record with.
      I wouldn't be surprised to see Broner knock him out in a single round.
      He isn't going to offer much if any resistance.

Whats up with somebody tough & durable like say Gavin Rees? At least he isn't knocked down in every fight he has.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Whats up with somebody tough & durable like say Gavin Rees? At least he isn't knocked down in every fight he has.
        Dan Cov:

Is Lundy a bum or his he a bum because Broner may fight him?

ALso, do you have the same standard for all 22 year old fighters when they move to a new weight class? Can they only fight the elite at the weight?

Comment

Lundy isn't a bum. Lundy would be a soild win. Now if Broner makes him look like a bum is a different story. Broner will eventually fight the top guys, you can't fight them all in one night. He has a long career ahead of him.

Comment

Hammerin Hank is no bum bro. He has solid, solid skill & his only loss (I believe), was a fight he was dominating, but got ****y & caught. Without that stupid move he'd be a household name. As a matter of fact I don't think broner has an easy time with him at all.

The only problem with Hammerin Hank is that his chin isn't solid. But he does have skill. I suggest you watch his fight, he's slick, defensive & has solid power & handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Dan Cov:

Is Lundy a bum or his he a bum because Broner may fight him?

ALso, do you have the same standard for all 22 year old fighters when they move to a new weight class? Can they only fight the elite at the weight?

Hes not your typical 22yr old though, he had over 300 amateur fights & has had 24 pro fights! Hes 23 next week.

I'm not asking him to fight an elite fighter or even hinting that he should.

So you're telling me you would be happy for him to fight Lundy? Being a Broner fan I guess so as all you Broner supporters have excuse after excuse.

Who cares about age? Look at Tyson, even Canelo & the likes. He is clearly coming into his prime now.
              Why waste your prime by fighting guys that offer nothing? Lundy has no power, no chin, no real skillset.
              If anything I am praising Broner, hes twice the fighter Lundy ever was or ever will be. It would be a mismatch of the biggest proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Hammerin Hank is no bum bro. He has solid, solid skill & his only loss (I believe), was a fight he was dominating, but got ****y & caught. Without that stupid move he'd be a household name. As a matter of fact I don't think broner has an easy time with him at all.

The only problem with Hammerin Hank is that his chin isn't solid. But he does have skill. I suggest you watch his fight, he's slick, defensive & has solid power & handspeed.

You're more often than not right, maybe I am being a bit harsh on Lundy after all.
                I seen him fight Williams, Abril, Diaz & Molina and tbh the guy didn't impress me at all though I do presume most of those guys are fighters who can make a good fighter look very average/bad.

What fight do you recommend I watch to get a better idea of what he is capable of?

Comment

If Demarco can fight Molina, Broner can fight Lundy. Lundy was far ahead into the 11th against Molina but he got caught. Demarco is the #1 guy at the weight (not saying, the best) but its ok for him to fight Molina but Broner moving up in weight can't fight Lundy?

Comment

Hes not your typical 22yr old though, he had over 300 amateur fights & has had 24 pro fights! Hes 23 next week.

I'm not asking him to fight an elite fighter or even hinting that he should.

So you're telling me you would be happy for him to fight Lundy? Being a Broner fan I guess so as all you Broner supporters have excuse after excuse.

Who cares about age? Look at Tyson, even Canelo & the likes. He is clearly coming into his prime now.
                    Why waste your prime by fighting guys that offer nothing? Lundy has no power, no chin, no real skillset.
                    If anything I am praising Broner, hes twice the fighter Lundy ever was or ever will be. It would be a mismatch of the biggest proportions.
                    why do you think I am a broner fan? because of the question I asked?

You didn't answer my question about Lundy.

So if I'm reading correctly, broner is 22, in his prime and in his 1st fight at 135, can't fight Hank Lundy because he offers nothing.

The truth is you don't know anything about Lundy, so you judge him based on 2 things: you don't like broner and Broner may fight him. Then Bushbaby posts that and you say MAYBE YOUR BEING A BIT HARSH.

Posters like you that evaluate an opponent based on whether you like or dislike the "a" side fighter really drag down this board.

Comment

Working...
                    X