No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Khan Rips Bradley; Lara's Beef; More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Khan Rips Bradley; Lara's Beef; More

By Robert Morales - Amir Khan not only has evolved into one of the top super lightweights in the world, he has become one of the most intriguing and colorful interviews. Just the type of combination that makes a superstar.

Khan on Tuesday played host to a workout at Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, where he is trained by Freddie Roach. A number of subjects were broached, but Khan perhaps was most impressive when discussing the failed effort to get him matched with fellow world champion Timothy Bradley in a title unification bout. It has been widely reported that Bradley turned down $1.4 million to fight Khan, who a week from Saturday will instead take on Zab Judah in a title unification fight at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (on HBO).

Khan politely said Bradley turned down the fight because he didn't want to lose his hardware. He also offered some interesting advice for the two-belt champion from Palm Springs.

"Still, until now, I never had the truth," said Khan, when asked why he thinks Bradley turned down the fight. "But I really think Bradley knew that he was going to get beat. He's not exciting or anything, so I think the only reason Bradley didn't take the fight is because he knew he was going to get the titles taken off him. [Click Here To Read More]

Khan is full of ****,how do I know why this fight is not happening and a professional fighter does not??Khan enjoy ya **** talking now because Bradley will handle his issues with Shaw an be coming for ya,hope ya still got all this mouth when that time comes...

Comment

Khan stfu you bum bradley scared of you ha he beat devon easy which was a fav to win he will beat you if you dont run which is what it looks like ure doing by fighting morales if you beat judah bradley is waiting out his contract and you know it glass jaw

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        Khan is full of ****,how do I know why this fight is not happening and a professional fighter does not??Khan enjoy ya **** talking now because Bradley will handle his issues with Shaw an be coming for ya,hope ya still got all this mouth when that time comes...
        I am sure that Amir is aware of the issues with Shaw

I saw a recent Bradley interview, I think it may have been an Elie vid, and Tim stated that Khan will DEFINITELY get what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Lol khan seems to have hit a bradley fanboy's nerve lol. I didn't know Bradley had fanboys too thats good to know lol.
          Anyways Bradley said himself that he does not want to fight Khan since if he looses he will no longer have an oppurtunity for a huge fight against Manny or Flyod in the future! (interview is on youtube). Which means that he is SCARED of Khan.
          Bradley is the one who called out Khan first and told him to stop RUNNING and then he *****ed out. He deserves all the hate he is getting. Its too bad he DUCKED khan cuz I gave him a really good shot at beating Khan!

Comment

I dont like Khan because runs his mouth too much but id sure love to have his skills. I think he'd have a decent shot of beating Bradley.

Comment

I really don't know the full details on Bradley's contract with Shaw.From the info that's out there, it seems as though he made a mistake by not taking the fight with Khan. But in my opinion, Khan is looking past Judah. Its true that Zab never wins the big one against A class fighters, but is Khan an A class fighter? Khan's style is somewhat amatuerish. But Zab would have to be aggresive to win the fight. I don't know if Zab can fight that way for 12 rounds. I still think it will be interesting.

Comment

bradley looks OLD AS ****! dude looks like he's mid to upper 30's and he's only 27? lol . . .

Note: just having some fun, taking my anger out on bradley for not making the fight with khan! lol nothing personal. dude does look rather "distinguished" to be 27, though.
                Last edited by UglyPug; 07-14-2011, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Khan hit the nail on the head there. Bradley does not want to risk losing to Khan.

Bradley himself echoes this 'what if I lose to Khan I'm out of the sweep steaks for the big fights'

Bradley needs to realize Khan is the key to the big fights and sitting out for the rest of the year is not.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    Khan stfu you bum bradley scared of you ha he beat devon easy which was a fav to win he will beat you if you dont run which is what it looks like ure doing by fighting morales if you beat judah bradley is waiting out his contract and you know it glass jaw
                    This makes very little sense at all your use of English is terrible.

I see you commenting on basically every Khan thread saying the same gibberish you are incapable of offering any rational input whatsoever.

It's quite depressing really how uneducated you are in both boxing and literature (and I suspect almost everything else).

Comment

Working...
                    X