Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Marquez KO'ing Manny, how does Floyd's Marquez Win Look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xcaret IV View Post
    Lets forget the fact that floyd is way bigger than marquez...everything favored floyd coming into that fight
    he has the size advantage against pac too but no one seems to care

they claim pac beats the hell out of him anyway

Comment

has no bearing on floyd resume, this is just a triangle theory in reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
        He beat someone 2 divisions smaller than him and couldnt make the agreed upon weigh..I wouldnt be too proud.
        THIS^^^ / of thread

Comment

peaople crap on Canelo cause he beats up people from 2 weight classes lower than him but when floyd does it was a good win. Get out of here...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
            peaople crap on Canelo cause he beats up people from 2 weight classes lower than him but when floyd does it was a good win. Get out of here...
            I agree Canelo is overhyped and beats up on people much smaller than him. Good to see you know what it is and are unbiased. We know Cleto, We know, you have to feed Canelo smaller guys to build his hype, such a shame.

Comment

Now, it's still the same, nothing changed. But in record books down the line it'll probably be big.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                It is one thing to beat Josesito Lopez or Jose Cotto, it is another thing to Marquez.

Comment

I see no difference. To me the Marquez that fought Pacquiao in the 3rd and 4th fights was much better than the slightly flabby, sluggish Marquez that fought Floyd. Every fighter has better nights and not so good nights. I think Marquez would be the first to tell a friend in private that he had a bad night against Floyd for whatever reason. He has to much class to make excuses in puplic. Any time you dominate a great fighter like Marquez it's a great win so credit to Floyd for that. Pacquiao was looking good until Marquez landed the perfectly timed bomb for the KO. Marquez seems to have more power than he did against Floyd. The Floyd win was a good win then but I don't see why it would look better now. Floyd would probably beat Marquez if they fought again but I doubt it would be as one sided as their first fight. That's just my opinion. Unless they fight again I can't prove it.

Comment

I disagree, I think it shows well for Mayweather and the reason I think is because of Marquez skill.

I agree, he is way too small for Mayweather but I never expected Mayweather to dominate him the way he did. He wasn't really trying to KO him, well I shouldn't say he wasn't trying but I think he was boxing and counter punching the counter puncher and did it masterfully.

Pac on the other hand is a boxer/puncher at best. He doesn't possess the skill that either Marquez or Mayweather have the only difference is that he is freakishly strong, fast and moves very good in and out. Pac has depended on his power to make him great, which is fine and not the first time it's happened in the sport of boxing but I just think that watching Mayweather pick apart Marquez the way he did was very impressive considering Marquez can make a difficult fight for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                      He came off a 2 year lay off and won basically every round against Marquez. Even marquez said the reason was because Floyd is too difficult to figure out.

After that, Marquez goes back to welterweight and fights Pacquiao to a MD loss and brutal KO win.

Has the win gotten better with age? Reminds me of Lewis' TKO6 over Vitali in a lot of ways.
                      It doesn't change anything. FLoyd killed JMM after a 2 yr layoff but he should've since he is better, bigger, faster etc. than JMM.

Comment

Working...
                      X