No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton: I don’t care if I’m KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton: I don’t care if I’m KO'd

RICKY HATTON says he will be a happy man even if he gets flattened two rounds into his comeback fight.

The Hitman meets Vyacheslav Senchenko on November 24, ending a three-year retirement during which he has battled personal demons.

The two-weight former world champ ballooned to 15stone as he suffered with drink and drug problems — and became so depressed he was ready to kill himself.

But Hatton, 34, whose last fight was a two-round pummelling by Manny Pacquiao in May 2009, declared: “I have no fear about what could happen when I step back into the ring.

“If I get flattened in two rounds again, it will be hard for me to come to terms with.

“But the following day I can look in the mirror and say to myself ‘You know what Rick, you needed to put those demons to rest. You got all that weight off, you picked a worthy opponent, you give it your best, now be the best promoter you can be. You should be proud of yourself’.”

The smile was back on Hatton’s face for the first time in years yesterday as he went through a workout with new trainer Bob Shannon at his gym in Hyde, Manchester.

The Hitman lost FIVE STONE to get back to the 10½stone welterweight limit.

And his enthusiasm underlined how the big-fight bug had bitten him again.

But Hatton added: “Let’s get it straight, boxing didn’t save me — it was my family that saved me.

“It was only because I was feeling so much better mentally that the comeback come about. The birth of my daughter Millie changed me and there is my son Campbell who I am very, very proud of.

“Training my stable of fighters Monday to Friday was also another factor.

“The weight was falling off and I was looking in the mirror and thinking ‘Blimey, you don’t look too bad there, Rick.’

“I started doing a bit of proper training, then things outside the ring started looking better.

“I was asking myself ‘Can I end all of this boxing lark on a high instead of it finishing with me flat on my back after two rounds against Pacquiao’.

“The last time people saw me was because of all the problems I had at the time.

“I wanted to end it on a positive note and that is why I have carried on.”

Senchenko, 35, is also a former world welterweight champ and a Manchester United fan.

And the Ukrainian tried to wind up Manchester City fanatic Hatton by posing at Old Trafford yesterday with a United shirt.

Hatton is vowing he will not be hitting the sauce after he has finished hitting Senchenko at a sold-out MEN Arena in Manchester next Saturday though.

The Hitman used to go on massive benders after fights.

But he added: “Sure, I’ll celebrate. But now it will be a meal with my family and maybe the odd pint.

“There won’t be any silly stuff. All that belongs to yesterday. The Ricky Hatton of today doesn’t have those problems.”

Well lets fookin ave em then

Comment

gotta love rick and his renewed lust for life.

Comment

All he needs to do is follow the Malignaggi blueprint. Bust his ****ing face

War Hatton

Comment

Hatton will prevail....

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            “If I get flattened in two rounds again, it will be hard for me to come to terms with.

“But the following day I can look in the mirror and say to myself ‘You know what Rick, you needed to put those demons to rest. You got all that weight off, you picked a worthy opponent, you give it your best, now be the best promoter you can be. You should be proud of yourself’.”
            At least Ricky has a positive mind-set

Comment

Hatton is going to get messed up

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Hatton is going to get messed up
                Nothing to go on to support that idea. I'm not saying it won't happen, but you can't possibly know. Senchenko is basically garbage.

Comment

Working...
                X