Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we actually consider what criteria judges actually use to score fights............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we actually consider what criteria judges actually use to score fights............

Only on boxingscene can missing practically every punch you throw be considered as "doing more".

Valuev threw more punches than Haye.

Valuev pushed the fight more than Haye.

Valuev looked more active in general that Haye did.

But if you're not hitting your opponent, you're not going to win.

Remember, boxing is scored on:
    -CLEAN, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING

-RING GENERALSHIP

-EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION (the word effective is in bold for a very good reason)

-DEFENSE

In terms of clean, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING, Valuev definately lost. The clean shots came from Haye, the most effective shot that hurt the man who has never been hurt in 50 something fights came from Haye. The best effective combos were UNDOUBTABLY Haye.

In terms of defense............Haye slipped and blocked pretty much every Valuev shot, whereas Haye landed with better accuracy.

In terms of ring generalship........well again Valuev failed for 12 rounds to catch Haye in a corner where he could batter him. When he did find himself in a corner with Haye, he throw a shot, blinked and found Haye walking away wondering wtf just happened.

In terms of EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION. How effective was Valuev when he went on the offensive? How effective was Haye when he went on the offensive? Ask Valuevs chin in the 12th round.

So.....when you actually score the fight based on the criteria used by judges......where is the robbery?
    Last edited by GrizzleBoy; 11-07-2009, 06:50 PM.

great post, the best i've seen on this forum since i have beeen here.

Comment

Originally posted by broxi51 View Post
      great post, the best i've seen on this forum since i have beeen here.
      Well I do try

Comment

Noone else want to bite?

Comment

Anyone?

Noone wants to challenge my theory that Haye won on the judges scorecards because he was better at the criteria that judges use to score fights?

Anyone?

Comment

Someone must have a rebuttal?

Comment

You mean lumbering forward slowly and pawing the air with a jab doesn't win you rounds?

Comment

valuev was hitting air all night..haye clearly won..theres no contraversy

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
                  Only on boxingscene can missing practically every punch you throw be considered as "doing more".

Valuev threw more punches than Haye.

Valuev pushed the fight more than Haye.

Valuev looked more active in general that Haye did.

But if you're not hitting your opponent, you're not going to win.

Remember, boxing is scored on:
                  -CLEAN, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING

-RING GENERALSHIP

-EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION (the word effective is in bold for a very good reason)

-DEFENSE

In terms of clean, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING, Valuev definately lost. The clean shots came from Haye, the most effective shot that hurt the man who has never been hurt in 50 something fights came from Haye. The best effective combos were UNDOUBTABLY Haye.

In terms of defense............Haye slipped and blocked pretty much every Valuev shot, whereas Haye landed with better accuracy.

In terms of ring generalship........well again Valuev failed for 12 rounds to catch Haye in a corner where he could batter him. When he did find himself in a corner with Haye, he throw a shot, blinked and found Haye walking away wondering wtf just happened.

In terms of EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION. How effective was Valuev when he went on the offensive? How effective was Haye when he went on the offensive? Ask Valuevs chin in the 12th round.

So.....when you actually score the fight based on the criteria used by judges......where is the robbery?
                  Totally bias, when these same arguments were made for Dirrell they fell on deaf ears and Dirrell actually made it clear. The fix was in. Haye didnt win 8 ROUNDS.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                    You mean lumbering forward slowly and pawing the air with a jab doesn't win you rounds?
                    Well, I don't know.

Are you a Valuev fan/Haye hater?

The validity of this dilemma stems firmly upon your answer to that question.

Comment

Working...
                    X