Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually thought the missions were loaded with sense of humor. BL2 as well.

If BL2 got a bigger fanbase with it's new game, that's good for them. It added more 'pop' to it's gamplay, it's more mainstream now, more "fun", now it attracted a lot of the people that play COD, from my experience. COD players hate BL1. I guess BL2 was successful in attracting the crowd it wanted to and staying competitive with the other FPS'ers.

I still remember when I discovered BL1. I searched "Top 10 Underrated PS3 games", BL1 came up a lot as the top game so I searched gameplay videos on Youtube. I'm looking at it, like WTF is this sh-t. Looked weird as hell, quiet outside of the robot and Zed talking, it was a desert for the most part, music was this sort of relaxing sound throughout the gameplay. Then I see claptrap saying "Good evening, citizen of Fyrestone!" followed by the conversation with Zed and killing some skags. It was like no game I have ever seen before, the weirdness, the corny punchlines, the weird guns, the desert scenery, the gameplay music, alien world. Borderlands got me back in to gaming and showed me there's life outside of Resident Evil, and I own a bunch of games...Dead Space 1 and 2, Infamous, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, GTA4, Drake Uncharted, Killzone 2 and 3, Big Planet[or W/e it's called], Vanquish[Another game I discovered in top underrated games lists, but didn't like it too much], etc, I have a bunch of games. Before Borderlands, the only game I played was Resident Evil 5, and just waited every couple of years for the next RE game to come out. Other than that, I played NBA 2K/MLB at buddies homes sometimes, very rare, but didn't own a copy myself.

I guess i'm just a boring person, lol. You can see it in my face, how boring I am. I don't smile in photos, I love Drama genre movies, I love boring rap music, boring style of boxing [Mayweather, Hopkins, Dawson, etc] boring/quiet Resident Evil that as soon as it started getting more action-like I started disliking it a bit. I don't really want to call myself boring, but that is for lack of better word. Maybe you can say i'm very simple, and get overwhelmed easily.

Comment

• Don't want to turn this into a mini autobiography *turns it in to a mini autobiography*, but I forgot to add to my boring list: I do not party and will come up with any excuse in the world to turn down an invitation, unless it's a close family member who really wants me/their fam to be there. I stopped drinking a long time ago, I don't smoke anything, and never have. I'm completely satisfied with studying, reading, and for fun just talk/watch boxing, hanging out with the same 3 friends as always.

So that probably explains my seemingly crappy taste in games, and everything for that matter.

Comment

• I found Borderlands better as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury View Post
          I found Borderlands better as well.
          Yeah I know, I read when you first said it a while ago, you're the only other poster I know here who liked it more. At first, I thought it would be a trend once me and you fessed up, but I haven't seen any other BS poster feel the same way.

Maybe in other video game forums there's ba lot more people like us.

Comment

• I found the difficulty was better in Borderlands. It felt like the game was being fair and not cheap i.e: Armoured manics, rabid skags/stalkers and wormhole thresher.

Guns are also a LOT better in the original. My favourite was the Ogre. The red text said - Ogre SMASH. The assault rifles completely suck in Borderlands 2. Single shot Jackobs or the Torque grenade rounds? No thanks. The only real assault rifle make in Borderlands 2 are Vladof.

Comment

I found the difficulty was better in Borderlands. It felt like the game was being fair and not cheap i.e: Armoured manics, rabid skags/stalkers and wormhole thresher.

Guns are also a LOT better in the original. My favourite was the Ogre. The red text said - Ogre SMASH. The assault rifles completely suck in Borderlands 2. Single shot Jackobs or the Torque grenade rounds? No thanks. The only real assault rifle make in Borderlands 2 are Vladof.
              Difficulty in BL2 definitely easier, I noticed that.

But I think easier game to play=more people will buy/enjoy it more.

The hellfire now looks like something straight out of Toys R Us.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Yeah I know, I read when you first said it a while ago, you're the only other poster I know here who liked it more. At first, I thought it would be a trend once me and you fessed up, but I haven't seen any other BS poster feel the same way.

I never got bored of Borderlands. I even got the achievements for the arena where you have to do 20 rounds of 5 rounds. 5 rounds takes about 20 mins. I think 20 rounds took 4 hours and there are 3 arenas.

I levelled up each character except for Roland. (Mordecai twice) Lilith is the best. I managed to spec her so the phasewalk ability was almost up all the time. I could add all DoT effects simultaneously to enemies. She was way OP.

Brick was the most fun to play as. Spec him as a Blast Master and he SMASHES everything. Sadly punching becomes useless other than to heal and to exploit the faster running glitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

I always look back fondly to the first time me and my friends tried to kill Bone Head. It was great going back to Fyrestone in Borderlands 2, I only wish you could have explored more.

Comment

• The Bruisers were actually hard to kill in BL1. Now they do some kind of call out for their friends, which in that instance you can shoot them up without them giving any form of reaction. They are just like waving their hands, calling their friends. Actually most of the humanoid enemies do this.

BL2 is definitely that though, a fun game to play. It's a lot better than a lot of other games of 2012, and past games in general.

If Borderlands 2 was Borderlands 1, I probably wouldn't have gotten in to it. I only bought BL2 because of BL1. My PS3 is right in front of me, across to where I use my computer. I've been telling myself, okay play some Borderlands 2, for 3 weeks now. I think i'm just about done with the PS3. The two games I was hoping extended my time with the PS3; RE6 and BLII, failed to do so. So i'm probably done for a while now, and I keep reading rumors that the PS4 is about to be announced soon, and then coming out probably in 2014-2015.

Comment

I always look back fondly to the first time me and my friends tried to kill Bone Head. It was great going back to Fyrestone in Borderlands 2, I only wish you could have explored more.
                      Lilith Phasewalk build, I know what you are talking about. It is almost like rape, I have her the same way.

Agreed on Brick being the most fun.

See I didn't even know you could go back to Fyrestone in BL2, i'm nt even up to that part.

You know, I have a feeling BL2 is going to be a game that I will learn to love as the PS4 comes out with it's crazy ass games, watch

Comment

Working...
                      X