• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] New study links masturbation and prostate cancer

Give That Thing A Rest

New study links masturbation and prostate cancer

by John Casey
    | Print Page | Email to Friend
    Given the bind that many prominent American men have thrust themselves into — think Tiger Woods, Mark Sanford, Eliot Spitzer, et al. — it seems it really is possible to have too much of a good thing. And your prostate gland appears to agree.

According to a new research out of the UK, men who have frequent sex in their twenties and thirties were at a greater risk of developing prostate cancer later in life. What's even more unusual is that researchers showed that young men who masturbated frequently, as opposed to those who have sex frequently with a partner, were at an even greater risk of developing prostate cancer.

The study was led by Dr. Polyxeni Dimitropoulou of the University of Cambridge. She and her colleagues used questionnaires to examine the sexual histories of more than 400 men who had been diagnosed with prostate cancer before the age of 60, together with more than 400 control subjects.

The men were asked a battery of questions about the sex in their lives, including age of first sexual activity, frequency of masturbation and intercourse, numbers of sexual partners and history of sexually transmitted diseases.

"We were keen to look at the links between sexual activity and younger men as a lot of prostate cancer studies focus on older men as the disease is more prevalent in men over 50," Dimitropoulou said.

Frequent Sex and Hormone Levels
    Since prostate cancer is known to be associated with male hormone levels, the researchers used frequency of sex as a proxy. They theorized that a man who had lots of sex when young would have had higher hormone levels driving the urge. Thus, highly sexed men — men who had sex more than 20 times a month, according to the study — should be more prone to prostate cancer.

"Overall we found a significant association between prostate cancer and sexual activity in a man's twenties and between masturbation and prostate cancer in the twenties and thirties," said Dimitropoulou. "However there was no significant association between sexual activity and prostate cancer in a man's forties."

When they crunched the data further, the researchers found that men with prostate cancer later in life had been in the "highest frequency groups in each decade when it came to sexual activity" including both intercourse and masturbation. This was most pronounced in men who "were also more likely to masturbate frequently than men in the control group, with the greatest difference in the twenties and thirties," according to the researchers.

http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/592

I should be dead already...

Comment

If thats the case Sex should be to, what the difference between my hand and some deep wet *****? Change the title to sex and masterbation!

Comment

I guess God was right.

Tunney will back me on this.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          I should be dead already...
          Word, I done cheated death already. :up:

Comment

Poor Floyd stans.
            They can't watch Floyd's fights anymore.
            What will they do?

Comment

That guys expression about said it all

Comment

.....I always heard it was the opposite. Leave it to the UK to **** up the works. I always thought that prostate cancer was caused by not cleaning the pipes enough.

Comment

How did anybody live thru puberty then?

Comment

How did anybody live thru puberty then?

Comment

Working...
                    X