No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Agrees With HBO For Rejecting Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Agrees With HBO For Rejecting Rigondeaux

Former HBO analyst and commentator Larry Merchant was on hand at the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, CA as he got a firsthand look at Zou Shiming whose fight he will be calling from ringside on July 27th in Macao, China.

Merchant has entertained us though out the years with his wit and entertaining yet informative rants while at HBO. For anyone who has ever interviewed Merchant, you always know you will get a great interview and great insight only he can provide.

On this day I asked Larry for his thoughts on a topic that had fans surprised as it was said HBO is not interested in having WBO/WBA Super Bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux back on their airwaves. The last time we saw Rigondeaux on HBO was this past April where he thoroughly outclassed highly ranked and pound for pound fighter Nonito Donaire.
    [Click Here To Read More]

go home larry, youre drunk

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Said it best. "You Don't Know $h1t About Boxing."

Andre Ward is a great replacement for Merchant. At least he knows the sport

Comment

Sickening ... I wonder what Max has to say... But whatever, hbo is digging it's own grave recently ...

Comment

Besides a few select match ups rigo just doesn't draw the attention of the majority of fans

Comment

Yup that's why HBO amnesty ur old ass...

Comment

Apparently some the peeps on here don't know how important profit is to business

Comment

Merchant never appreciated boxers. Merchant didn't even appreciate Tyson. Merchant loved brawls. Merchant also isn't paying for any boxers retirement plan AFTER boxing.

Comment

HBO has become a disgrace to the sport of boxing. Merchant is a fan of brawlers and that's it. He doesn't appreciate the sweet science at all.

Comment

rigondeaux needs to become the next wanna be pbf to sell them talk so much say you are the best ever i make money blah blah blah thats what hbo wants and sells i guess to an extent. Broner is a wannabee pbf and his last performance vs pauli was gay and not really entertaining. Yet rigo demolition of donaire was seen as boring???

If i mistaken correctly there was supposed to be knockout win by broner and complete destruction. it was a boring fight to a point everyone saw the overhyped briner.

I guess boxing is becoming like a reality tv show now. HBO wants Game of thrones and walking dead ratings is boxing not a reality show that will bring you huge ratings. I would think Golden Boy shouldn't hesitate to sign rigo feed him couple brawling dudes that will go straight to rigo so he can knock him the **** out then make him to this beast and arum would regret it. What is wrong with donaire being on undercards as well no exposure at all?

Comment

Working...
                    X