No announcement yet.

Showtime may lose big on Mayweather Gamble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
    Definitely would be interested to see how much say Showtime has in picking Floyd's opponents. I am sure they will not be too pleased to see Floyd fight Devon Alexander type fights instead of the names the fans want to see.
    None obviously. That's literally the last thing Floyd would give up.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Does anyone know how the showtime deal works or is it a secret? How much is showtime paying him and how? Are they paying him a set amount per fight or are they paying him for 6 fights over 3 years or what? If he fights the best possible opponents it becomes more and more possible he could lose and much of the luster will be gone. If he fights only guys he knows he can beat that won't go over very well with the paying customers. I think he will stay at 147. I think his next fight will be the winner of the Alexander-Brook fight. Then if Khan has not lost by then I think he goes to England and beats up Khan. If Bradley leaves Arum I could see him fighting Bradley. It remains to be seen if Showtime made a great deal or not.
      He can make up to 250 million which is a little more than 40 million per fight.

Comment

Who would believe he will be fighting six more times in the first place? This is a deceptive deal he signed with Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          Who would believe he will be fighting six more times in the first place? This is a deceptive deal he signed with Showtime.
          6 times is not impossible, 6 times in 30 months pretty much is

Comment

Originally posted by Critical
            Yeah we will have to wait and see.

Doesnt seem like mayweather will be fighting and tough fights anymore, anyone who can beat berto is gonna be his next oppenent.

I heard Berto seconds income is to have unsanctioned fights potential opponents so mayweather can make a inform decision.
            Yeah he shouldnt fight a guy who beat berto. He should fight people who can beat josesito lopez.

Comment

You guys just cant wait to blow your loads. Can the man put on the fight first before you start bashing Floyd. We all know once it gets close to the fight you guys will all give in. And fork over the 80.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                You guys just cant wait to blow your loads. Can the man put on the fight first before you start bashing Floyd. We all know once it gets close to the fight you guys will all give in. And fork over the 80.
                Well i haven't forked any money for a Mayweather bout since Hatton. Looking at the recent PPV estimates for Guerrero-Mayweather event there are many like me.

I do think Canelo was the obvious choice and it will do much better. But demanding a catchweight after ragging on Pacquiao for what he did to Cotto and Margs makes him look like a hypocrite.

Comment

What I find fascinating are the existential offerings of the Mayweather haters these days. Naturally they aren't content that the fight is actually happening choose to dwell on moral questions of Floyd's hypocrisy. Is Floyd a hypocrite, sure, why not, and?

If fans are morally outraged by Floyd, don't buy the fight. Do something else on that night, go see a show or take the girl out for a night on the town. But to dwell on this stuff ad nauseam is moronic.......

Comment

There will be major blow-back if the superbout won't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if May-Cotto 2 takes place and the Judges' give the decision to Cotto even if he wins only 4 rounds, kind of like taking his 0 away by force. There are many 'big heads' who try to work this deal out, if it fails there will be people fired and YES Mayweather will pay with both the fans and industry.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Then he (you) should fight Canelo. You aren't scared of a white boy are you?
                      Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      wow really?whos alt are you?

Canelo is next
                      Hilarious.............

Comment

Working...
                      X