Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather survive his 6-fight deal with Showtime without a defeat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mayweather survive his 6-fight deal with Showtime without a defeat?

He will be 38 years old by that time.I say Yes.Floyd is all about his undefeated record so he'll have six carefully handpicked fights.
    Yes
    37.04%
    No
    62.96%
    Last edited by dYeyKob; 02-22-2013, 03:24 AM.

If he fights Martinez no. Canelo while nowhere near as gifted..his size/skill ratio is dangerous. Likewise for Trout if they fought (though i see floyd winning that clearly). I mean if he goes on and fights like Guerrero, Kahn, Berto, Maidana, Paulie, Alexander then for sure he goes undefeated

Comment

depends who he's fighting....guerrero imo isn't much of a threat

Comment

he will not fight 6 times.

i think he will fight 3 times.

I think he's about 60/40 to go through it undefeated.

I think he'll fight Guerrero, Canelo and someone like Devon Alexander / Amir Khan.

Against Guerrero he's close to -1000 vs. Canelo probably -200? And then vs. Alexander or Khan he's -1000 again.

If he fights 6 times he's an underdog to stay unbeaten.
        Even if he fights Guerrero, Alexander and the likes and is -1000 in every fight he'll be about 60/40 favorite to be unbeaten and i doubt he can get away with that level of opponents for 6 fights.

Comment

he will retire undefeated..pretty much all of the fighters that he ducked that had the chance to beat him have lost or retired .. reason why he is so eager to fight more now..

when the cat is away , the mouse will play ..perfect example, right here....

Comment

Unless he fights Martinez or Trout, yes.

Comment

I voted no. I doubt he even has 6 fights. It does not fit the pattern of him fighting on average once a year. He is turning 36 and I think it showed in his last few fights that he is past prime.If he fights twice a year for 6 fights he will be pushing 39 for the last fight. He could remain unbeaten if he handpicks who he fights. If he fights the best welterweights I think one of them will beat him. It could be an up and comer that is not known right now. If he fights the best 154 pounders like Martinez, Canelo and Trout then I am even more sure he will get beat. He should beat Guerrero but I think that fight will show that he is not the Mayweather of 5 or 6 years ago. If he goes through Guerrero like a hot knife through butter then maybe I am underestimating him.

Comment

If he avoids the best like he always does & keeps fighting guys that don't pose a treath then yeah.

Comment

He's just going to do his cherrypicking formula that got him there. Wait for threat to be defeated, him and his fans would say he would of lost or he doesn't have to face him cause he will lose.

Comment

Showtime will let him pick his fights, if he is very careful with who he fights he will retire undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                    X