No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward ever be a PPV star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Andre Ward ever be a PPV star?

Is it his Weight Class?? Maybe his attitude?
    He really doesn't have any big selling names up there but B-Hop.

IMO no. PPV stars usually have charisma or something that attracts the casual fan. Or they have support from ethnic fans. Ward doesn't strike me as having either.

Comment

its possible but never on the pac man floyd scale. just depends who he is fighting and if he puts in more performances like he did against dawson anything is possible. but i dont see him being an every fight ppv star in my opinion but probably a few depending who he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        IMO no. PPV stars usually have charisma or something that attracts the casual fan. Or they have support from ethnic fans. Ward doesn't strike me as having either.
        Which is really a shame.

I'm glad he'll at least be able to live comfortably off his talent.

Comment

Only a very few handful of people can be PPV stars right now. Floyd, Pac, Cotto and a couple others with the right opponents (chavez vs martinez for example).

Comment

I'd watch Ward-Martinez on PPV at 168, but he's too big for Sergio and right now, that's the only match involving Ward that I could see on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              Which is really a shame.

I'm glad he'll at least be able to live comfortably off his talent.
              Ward will make a good bit of money. The only way he becomes a ppv star is if Chavez goes on a good run and then Ward fights him and the fight is like floyd/gatti. even that is a longshot IMO.

Comment

Yea, well aslong as he is staying true to himself.
                That SOG hype is boring as hell.

If it was me I would turn it into I can never be beat type thing because I am SOG, ya know, put some spice on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  I agree. He isn't a highlight reel, k.o. machine either.

There is a video that somebody posted of Nazim Richardson basically comparing Ward and Tim Duncan.

Might not be the flashiest or entertaining to watch. But they sure do win a lot.

Comment

Not really. 1. He's not exciting enough 2. Not polarizing 3. No great nemesis that the world wants him to fight. 4. Lack of a large hardcore fanbase

Got be big on 1 or all of these areas.

Comment

Working...
                    X