Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you guys really think Pacquaio is better than Pernell Whitaker? last 20 years poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
    Time and time again, it's always another senseless debate over who is better than who, with idiots trying to PROVE it as if there was definite supporting evidence.

I don't know how you can say any one fighter is better than the other in this case?

I think if they fought a trilogy Manny would win at least twice. But that does NOT mean he is a "better fighter"

you make it sound as if it is impossible to prove one fighter is better than the other. its quite simple in this case.

manny is a come forward brawler with awkward throwing angles which make him off balance, and has lots of power.

pea is a skilled boxer with some power, great speed, amazing defense, great ring IQ, and awesome generalship in the ring, not to mention his eons and eons of skill level as compared to a "puncher"

Im no scientist or anything, but that to me is proof that pea is a better fighter than manny. there ARE ways to prove fighters are better than other fighters, by, you know, watching them fight...

Comment

I think it is pretty close, in terms of accomplishments and as a fighter. I give pernell a clear edge though. I would have loved to watch the fight, I don't think either has beaten a fighter greater than the other. Whitakers wins over Chavez and Nelson are decisive in this argument, but I personally would not rate either above Pacquiao. Manny's wins over Barrera, Morales, and Cotto were very impressive to me, but clearly not in the same league as Pernell. I know people are going to crucify me for this but I also see Marquez as a greater fighter p4p than Chavez was. Marquez is a special fighter, and anyone who disagrees with that is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        you make it sound as if it is impossible to prove one fighter is better than the other. its quite simple in this case.

manny is a come forward brawler with awkward throwing angles which make him off balance, and has lots of power.

pea is a skilled boxer with some power, great speed, amazing defense, great ring IQ, and awesome generalship in the ring, not to mention his eons and eons of skill level as compared to a "puncher"

Im no scientist or anything, but that to me is proof that pea is a better fighter than manny. there ARE ways to prove fighters are better than other fighters, by, you know, watching them fight...
        Ha ha wow great unbiased breakdown

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Ha ha wow great unbiased breakdown
          i dono if youre being sarcastic or not, but if you're not, than thanks, and if you are, then still thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I think if he wasn't prime he was very close.

He may not have been physically at his peak but in terms of skill, IQ, technical ability along with being close to his physical best, I think 03 was Barrera's peak.
            We are talking about a boxer who liked to get into slugfests not a plumber or electrician.

Aren't you in the health field too? Wouldn't it be kind of obvious that a guy fighting for 13 years wouldn't be at his peak anymore? Maybe after 7 or 8 years but 13? Not too sure about those health credentials anymore bro. A 13 year pro barely at his peak?

Comment

Working...
            X