Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about overly religious fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
    ^^^^^^^ is how I feel.
    again, fighters don't merely fight for our entertainment. there's money, fame, successful careers and the love of the actual sport involved.

Comment

TS, I get what you’re asking now. I can say that I pray and when I pray on certain things I do feel a little more confident of the outcome, but at the sometime if the outcome isn't in my favor I still thank god. I'm not one to say if a person goes too far...I mean what is too far? For those that believe in Jesus, if you were to ask them did they think that Jesus went too far by sacrificing his life for mans sins; what do you think the answer would be?? BTW I believe in Jesus...

Comment

Not really otherdd to be honest, they can thank god as many times as they wish

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
          i think its annoying as fck and is just one of the MANY reasons i refuse to listen to post-fight interviews anymore.
          your god didnt make you win or lose. most likely, he doesnt give a sht about a stupid fight so leave him out of it.
          ignorant post
          if you disagree at least to so with some class

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
            TS, I get what you’re asking now. I can say that I pray and when I pray on certain things I do feel a little more confident of the outcome, but at the sometime if the outcome isn't in my favor I still thank god. I'm not one to say if a person goes too far...I mean what is too far? For those that believe in Jesus, if you were to ask them did they think that Jesus went too far by sacrificing his life for mans sins; what do you think the answer would be?? BTW I believe in Jesus...
            glad you grasped the question. it's what i'd think..they gain a certain confidence..is it false? more than likely. it's all in your mind(but what isn't?)

Comment

I hate it when they bring it out in the after fight interviews. "I'd like to thank God for this victory, cuz without him, none of this could be possible..." BOOM that's all u need to say.

Comment

ppl who are bothered are mostly atheists. if you believe in one supreme being, be it allah or god or jesus, you won't be bothered, it's normal for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                  ppl who are bothered are mostly atheists. if you believe in one supreme being, be it allah or god or jesus, you won't be bothered, it's normal for you.
                  Andre Ward does my head in sometimes.. his holyier than thou attitude , does not sit well with his dirty style
                  Last edited by haverespect; 10-14-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

God/Jesus is against all types of violence so thanking him is a moot matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post

How many times have we seen fighters before matches give prayer in their corner, bless themselves, kiss a rosary, etc? How many times have we seen fighters thank Jesus, Mohamed or God in general for that matter, when winning and sometimes, even when losing matches?

I guess my question is...

How do you feel about overly religious fighters? Do you feel their faith actually works in their favor and gives them courage, keeping them focused during difficult moments in the ring? Or do you feel it hinders them by providing a false sense of security, leaving them to rely on heart and not actual ring smarts?

Speak on it.
                      who gives a *****. really. who gives a damn who the fighter thanks after his fight. what's it to you?

at most it's a minor annoyance or inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                      X