No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I Don’t Need a Floyd Mayweather Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I Don’t Need a Floyd Mayweather Fight

Danny Garcia is coming off the biggest win of his career on the biggest possible stage. Just a month and a half ago, he beat fellow top junior welterweight Lucas Matthysse by a close but clear decision, doing so as the co-feature to Floyd Mayweather’s win over Canelo Alvarez.

The thought immediately afterward was that Garcia would be positioning himself to move up to welterweight and challenge Mayweather. But while other fighters are very vocal in their desire to face the most famous opponents in the most lucrative bouts, that’s not the case with Garcia.

Garcia spoke with BoxingScene.com on Oct. 25, at the weigh-in for Bernard Hopkins vs. Karo Murat. [Click Here To Read More]

He wants his own legacy. so beating mayweather won't add to your legacy Danny?

Comment

Meh.

Garcia knows he can't beat Mayweather..

Better than selling his ass out so he can get schooled by Floyd for a mere payday. he is trying to follow the logical path for his career which I respect.

Comment

he probably heard through the grapevine that it'll be khan or some ****.

you don't say, "whatever my promotion wants, whatever's best for me, then i want it." then say you don't really care for a floyd fight, when beating floyd would make his legacy.

team garcia's playing it right though. he's not ready for floyd yet.
        Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 10-26-2013, 08:44 AM.

Comment

He will have a chance to get a bigger payday down the road against Floyd. Rack up some solid wins at welterweight, get more buzz, then cash out on an all time high against Floyd in another year.

Comment

he didn't really say he doesn't need floyd...he's just said he's ok if it happens or not.

Comment

A mid range hooker doesn't beat FMJr right now. Danny seems aware of his limitations to date and doesn't want to ruin his hard fought achievements.

Comment

I'm a huge Danny Garcia fan, and I don't think I've ever picked against him. With that said, he has no chance at beating Floyd. That is a match up from hell for Garcia. Angel and Danny are smart, and will take an alternate route.

Comment

garcia hasn't even set foot at 147 so why would anybody want to see him fight floyd at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    I'm a huge Danny Garcia fan, and I don't think I've ever picked against him. With that said, he has no chance at beating Floyd. That is a match up from hell for Garcia. Angel and Danny are smart, and will take an alternate route.

I LOVE Danny...Angel too and I agree he can't beat Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X