No announcement yet.

Greatest ever Welsh boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're going around in circles...

Wilde's opposition is not what you perceive it to be when you look at incomplete records on BoxRec for fuck sake. You don't have to rank Wilde #1 flyweight and footage of him is very limited but from eye witness accounts from historians and Tunney, they give us a bigger picture.

I honestly can't understand how you have such a hard time comprehending incomplete records. If you claim to have read a ton and think yourself a knowledgeable guy, then you'd have surely come across situations like this before?

Do you honestly think Johnny Rosner, who claimed to be the greatest flyweight in the world, was 6-3 when he met Wilde?

Comparing him to Cesar Chavez makes you look like a right ignorant idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

Wilde's opposition is not what you perceive it to be when you look at incomplete records on BoxRec for fuck sake. You don't have to rank Wilde #1 flyweight and footage of him is very limited but from eye witness accounts from historians and Tunney, they give us a bigger picture.

I honestly can't understand how you have such a hard time comprehending incomplete records. If you claim to have read a ton and think yourself a knowledgeable guy, then you'd have surely come across situations like this before?

Do you honestly think Johnny Rosner, who claimed to be the greatest flyweight in the world, was 6-3 when he met Wilde?

Boxwreck is never wrong. Ever. The website designers traveled back in time and followed every boxer in the world so that they could properly document every fight ever held in every high school gymnasium since 1820.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Wrong. There are quite a few full fights on video. You're going to need to dig deeper than Youtube. I have at least six or seven of his fights on VHS tapes.
        okay then post those links here.
        Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

now you proved once and for all that your a clown. Wilde is your hero, so be it. But to come to the history section to insult pple cause they don't worship your hero like you do is stupid. As stupid as you are.
        You went on wikipedia and copied that part with "Wilde said he had 800 fights" and when I called you out on it, you denied it.
        I don't talk boxing with bums like yourself, I just don't. And yes, I have read tons of boxing books and studied boxing history since around 15 years. And from what I have seen of your comments on this site, you don't know jack about boxing history.

Comment

I resorted to a little more 'aggressive' approach because you're either too stupid or you're deliberately ignoring what I say. I mean, you haven't even read what Bleeder said, he told you to dig deeper than YT and goes on about Wilde's fights on VHS and you ask for a link?

Wilde's not even a favourite of mine, nor have I watched a single one of his fights. I said it was common knowledge of Wilde's numerous fights and he himself says 800, this is something I know off the top of my head.

Honestly, I couldn't care for your opinion. You think you know a lot yet the simple idea of incomplete records is so hard to comprehend. It's probably a good thing you don't want to talk boxing with me again, I'll only make you look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            okay then post those links here.
            I said VHS. How exactly do I "link" you to my VCR?

Comment

futhermore, what some of you guys don't understand is that Wilde spent most of his career in Great Britain and the competition in Great Britain is limited compared to the United States. Wilde's record is built on fighting guys with losing records in the UK.
              Rosner had over 50 fights when he fought Wilde, he was not "6-3" as you claim. But I know you don't understand that cause you can't even read boxrec correctly and you never ever heard what a "Newspaper Decision" is. Can't believe I argue with a clown like you.

Comment

I said VHS. How exactly do I "link" you to my VCR?
                upload the fights you have here. I have done that tons of times in the past and have uploaded rare stuff on boxingscene in the video trading block. Stop leeching and start contributing to the community.

Comment

futhermore, what some of you guys don't understand is that Wilde spent most of his career in Great Britain and the competition in Great Britain is limited compared to the United States. Wilde's record is built on fighting guys with losing records in the UK.
                  Rosner had over 50 fights when he fought Wilde, he was not "6-3" as you claim. But I know you don't understand that cause you can't even read boxrec correctly and you never ever heard what a "Newspaper Decision" is. Can't believe I argue with a clown like you.
                  And all the "guys with losing records"... did they not fight Wilde after numerous newspaper decisions? You're calling them bums based on their official records, yet YOU can't understand that most, if not all, of them would likely have solid records had all of their fights been decided officially.

Comment

And all the "guys with losing records"... did they not fight Wilde after numerous newspaper decisions? You're calling them bums based on their official records, yet YOU can't understand that most, if not all, of them would likely have solid records had all of their fights been decided officially.
                    NO, they did not. See, that is the difference between you and me. I actually DO RESEARCH before I post something. I went through Wilde's boxing record and the first 100 guys he fought really had only losses.
                    I just went through 10 opponents of Wilde in a row:
                    http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...boxer&pageID=2
                    from Billy Rowlands (March 1913) to Young George Dando (July 1913) and checked the records of all those 10 guys which Wilde fought: None of them had a newspaper decision except one guy from what I saw (and that was ONLY ONE Newspaper decision). Go check yourself.

Comment

Please, you're making yourself look more stupid than what you think you're making me look. I've already told you the flyweight division wasn't recognized in America until 1915...

I didn't claim Rosner was 6-3, I used it as an example of incomplete records. You aren't arguing with me either, you're just posting drivel. Having seen your response to a respectable poster like SBleeder it would appear you're showing your true colours.

Educate yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X