No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero Ready For Berto, Perhaps Mayweather Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero Ready For Berto, Perhaps Mayweather Too

By Jake Donovan - The big stage is hardly a new setting for Robert Guerrero. The Bay Area boxer has frequented HBO and Showtime for the majority of his still-promising career. Yet this weekend carries a different feeling than past fights for the rising star.

Guerrero faces Andre Berto on HBO Saturday evening at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif. At stake is more than the alphabet belt that currently resides around his waist. A win over Berto not only further proves his worth as a player in the welterweight division, but goes that much further towards lending credence to past demands of fights with boxing’s very best.

More than a year went by without Guerrero actually stepping foot in the ring – the exact time span was from Apr. ’11 to this past July. Yet in those 15 months, the fighter’s name must’ve appeared in headlines seemingly every week, mostly demanding a showdown with unbeaten pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr.

The tactic was viewed as both annoying yet ingenious. [Click Here To Read More]

I would literally hope Berto wins if Mayweather plans to fight Guererro (if Guererro wins).

At least that way it'd be two Al Haymon fighters and he refuses to make his fighters fight each other so that cancels out that piss poor of a fight too.

Comment

if rob beats berto, I'd like to see him take on the maidana match that fell through then Alexander, of he passes those tests then he could make an argument that he deserves a shot at Floyd

I mean if ****ing Ortiz gets a shot, why can't Guerrero assuming he beats those three guys

Comment

Berto will win by ko

Comment

Guerrero isn't gonna get Floyd even if he does win
          and if he did, no way he wins
          WBC might strip Floyd if he commits to an Alvarez fight
          that way he'll still have a WBC strap he can pay them for
          then the winner of this can just have the WW belt from them
          best they can hope for, they won't get a Floyd fight
          just hoping Guerrero destroys Berto badly, Berto is a twat

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            Guerrero isn't gonna get Floyd even if he does win
            and if he did, no way he wins
            WBC might strip Floyd if he commits to an Alvarez fight
            that way he'll still have a WBC strap he can pay them for
            then the winner of this can just have the WW belt from them
            best they can hope for, they won't get a Floyd fight
            just hoping Guerrero destroys Berto badly, Berto is a twat
            wbc will never strip floyd bc they want the biggest fees and that comes froim floyd fights - bc floyd prob wont fight alvarez. he'l fight Guererro v berto winner (easy win) or Cotto II ( he already knows he can win that). bc thats floyd - easy fights vs guys he knows he can win so he stays undefeated and makes 30-40 mil per fight.

Comment

Warr Ghost, beat this dude down and show him what it means to be a real champion.

Comment

I'm rooting for Guerrero here but if I'm strictly going off of his last fight, in which he came off of a long layoff, then Berto should be too strong, too fast; explosive, too adapt at this weight. Guerrero has all the tools to outbox Berto, he's simply the better technical boxer and Berto's jab serves absolutely no purpose. I guess it all depends on Guerrero's preparation, he can't allow himself to get bullied. One thing Guerrero has going for him is that left uppercut, he consistently throws it, that's pretty much his best combination, jab, straight left, right hook, left uppercut. Guerrero may not have the physical strength to push Berto, but because he's far better schooled at infighting he might force Berto to back up. Then again I'm not so sure how good Guerrero's power is at this weight.

Hard pick to make...

Comment

Andre Berto is not a popular man in these parts

Comment

Somebody quote me take a pic, whatever but Robert seems like a good dude and means well... But he will not go the distance against Berto! Trust me

Comment

Working...
                    X