No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Omar Henry (1987-2013) - The Good Die Young

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Omar Henry (1987-2013) - The Good Die Young

By Jake Donovan - Live fast, die young and have a good looking corpse. The phrase was originally coined by novelist Willard Motley, though often attributed to actor James Dean – who fittingly (though tragically) lived fast and died young.

So too, did Omar Henry, an unbeaten prospect who succumbed to a sudden battle with gall bladder cancer. The Puerto Rican talent was just one week shy of his 26th birthday when he was pronounced dead on Friday, February 1.

His last days as a prizefighter were spent in hospital beds – initially under care at Broward Health Medical Center in South Florida in mid-November before being admitted to University of Chicago Hospital in December. The latter location allowed him to be surrounded by loved ones in his birth city, having also called Houston home as well as significant time spent in Oakland.

His last days actually preparing for a prize fight were what lead to the discovery of cancer. [Click Here To Read More]

Damn...R.I.P this is crazy..he was just sparring fighters to emulate Cotto

Comment

seems like people are ok until they find out they have cancer..then the actual treatment kills them,cause he went down fast

Comment

Q.d.e.p.........

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
          seems like people are ok until they find out they have cancer..then the actual treatment kills them,cause he went down fast
          The treatment doesn't kill them, he had an ultra rare form of cancer that was nearly unbeatable (from my understanding).

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            The treatment doesn't kill them, he had an ultra rare form of cancer that was nearly unbeatable (from my understanding).
            my exs dads medical bills was something close to a million trying to fight pancreatic cancer.. he didnt last 2 months after he was diagnosed.

Comment

R.I.P bro. GOD bless.

Comment

Puerto Rico loses another great talent Omar was a good friend glad to have chatted with him before he passed R.I.P champ

Comment

I always associate cancer with old people. Its pretty crazy hearing about someone in their 20's with it. I know kids even get it, but still. Very sad to hear about his passing. R.I.P.

Comment

RIP real sad to die so young

Comment

Working...
                    X