No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dapudong vs. Buthelezi Rematch Ordered By The IBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dapudong vs. Buthelezi Rematch Ordered By The IBO

International Boxing Organization president Ed Levine has ordered a rematch between Filipino super flyweight Edrin Dapudong and South Africa's Gideon Buthelezi who won the title by a hugely controversial split decision in Johannesburg last November 10.

In a copy of a letter addressed to Dapudong's manager, former North Cotabato governor, journalist and boxing commentator Manny Pinol which Levine forwarded to this reporter who had also raised the issue of a bum decision, the IBO president said "The IBO is pleased to confirm that Golden Gloves Promotions of South Africa, in the interest of true sportsmanship, have agreed to the IBO’s request that there be a rematch between Gideon Buthelezi and Edrin Dapudong." [Click Here To Read More]

Buthelezi's the guy that was ko'd in 2 by Adrian Hernandez last year in MX...hopefully this minor body, IBO won't bring bk the same incompetent offficials, mayb @ least 1 who knows how to score a knockdown...hopefully IBO stays in S Africa though they are based on S Florida...

Comment

i never got it with these rematches? what the point, other than waste an hour of my life on something i know was a blatant robbery? these sanctioning bodies are just sucking every cent they can, what a snake.

Comment

Why bother? It's not going to be overturned and its just the tucking IBO. No better than some crappy regional title. Absolutely worthless and meaningless. Just move on to better things.

Comment

Well, nothing changed from the reviewing IBO panel, the decision remains crap! Buthelezi remains the winner of the match and no one could over-turn it, not even the IBO officials! The rematch is just a rematch and will not prove anything from that unjust decision. Who ever wins in that next fight will just tell another story.

Comment

Working...
          X