Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep,

Olympic Silver Medallist
    GOAT Crusierweight
    Top ATG Heavyweight
    4-Time Heavyweight Champion
    Fought over 3 decades of champions. (80's, 90's, 00's)
    Stacked Resume
    Bloody Underrated.

His CV is incredible, just some names:

Carlos De Leon
    Muhammad Qawi x2
    James Tillis
    Buster Douglas
    George Foreman
    Larry Holmes
    Ray Mercer
    Riddick Bowe x3
    Mike Tyson x2
    Lennox Lewis x2
    John Ruiz x3 lol
    Michael Moorer x2
    Last edited by damuttz112; 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      He was the lineal champion in 4 divisions, first man to do so. The catchweight fiasco started when he peaked at Welterweight and I don't really agree with it but he's proven himself there outside of catchweights.

In an ATG sense, Pac will be well above the likes of Holyfield. If you want to compare them skill wise, then I'd have Holyfield above Pac. Apart from Mayweather, who hasn't Pac fought?

It's already set in stone who will be viewed higher in a historical sense.
      Perhaps to the newer fans.

To the historians and so forth, nothing is set in stone in that regard at all.

And, plenty will have Holyfield above him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I know most of the fighters in the poll careers are not over..But you can't just take prime fighters,I would have to look at overall career...No??
        Holyfield has a great body of work period..... His resume is stacked

Comment

Epic stuff:

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Perhaps to the newer fans.

To the historians and so forth, nothing is set in stone in that regard at all.

And, plenty will have Holyfield above him.
            Honestly, 20 years from now you will not see Holyfield higher than Pac in any ATG P4P list. I don't care for Pac, someone called him an athletic Gatti and they're not far off but he's achieved feats no one else in the sport has.

Comment

Honestly, 20 years from now you will not see Holyfield higher than Pac in any ATG P4P list. I don't care for Pac, someone called him an athletic Gatti and they're not far off but he's achieved feats no one else in the sport has.
              That's brilliant

Comment

And? So has Hopkins. Is he above Holyfield too?

Before Pacquaio, Oscar De La Hoya had achieved feats no one else in the sport had, was he above Holyfield then? No.

And, Pacquaio isn't now, IMO.

In 20 years time, he may be considered higher due to his popularity.

But, to legit historians, it's not set in stone, at all.

Comment

Although I'm not a huge fan of his I think Roy will be seen as the greatest on this list

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    Holyfield has a great body of work period..... His resume is stacked
                    You will get no argument from me there bro,he has one of the best resumes in all of boxing imo..But I'd still go with MAyweather tho,to be undefeated fighting at his level for this many yrs...Not to mention Mayweather has carried boxing as well..I would have to go with Mayweather..

Comment

For me it's Holyfield B-Hop RJJ but Holyfield & RJJ are ruining their legacies by continuing to fight and getting beat up by guys who weren't fit to lace their gloves.

But if we're talking generally, when their career's are done people will look at Floyd & Pac as being the top 2.

Most boxing heads will probably lean towards the 3 I mentioned above (taking nothing away from Pac & Floyd).

Comment

Working...
                      X