Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones had fought Nigel Benn and Eubank in 1994 -95?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there are 90 % roy jones fans on this site. but for those who dont know: Roy Jones ducked them european animals Eubank, Benn, Michalcezwski and Collins for a reason: he knew he probably wouldnt beat them. and thats A FACT. prime roy only fought pple he knew he would beat 100 %. and he sure as hell knew there is only maybe 50 % chance to beat those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
      I know there are 90 % roy jones fans on this site. but for those who dont know: Roy Jones ducked them european animals Eubank, Benn, Michalcezwski and Collins for a reason: he knew he probably wouldnt beat them. and thats A FACT. prime roy only fought pple he knew he would beat 100 %. and he sure as hell knew there is only maybe 50 % chance to beat those guys.
      fantastic post. refreshing to see a post that isn't from a biased yank

Comment

Originally posted by DAVE TROTTER View Post
        obviously a lot of biased yanks on here.
        Aye.

I'm one of them.

You want to fight about it?

Benn and Eubank were world class fighters.

I don't see either beating Jones.

See this youtube clip?

Comment

I'm a Benn Fan and proud of it but I reckon he goes out on his shield with Roy.

I miss P4P Prime Roy Jones, Jr.

Comment

94 Is when he didn't lose a round to James Toney, and soon peaked in the SMW division. Goodluck to anyone.

Comment

For those who think Jones would lose, how do you see Eubank or Benn beating him?

Comment

He beats them both but they are still fights I would have liked to see, along with Toney v Benn and Eubank.

Comment

Jones beats them both IMO. But both fights would be more competitve than most people imagine i feel.

Comment

For me, i think RJJ decisions both. He could have possible KO'd Benn stylistically, but one thing i hate is that a fight never surfaced between RJJ and Benn or Eubank.

I think Eubank would have given a prime Roy the most trouble out of anybody, including Toney. He had the brains, fundamentals, precision, chin and heart to make a real fight of it. Eubank/RJJ in England would have been a close fight imo. A tenacious crowd behind the ****y manner of Eubank could have spelt an upset.

Eubank v Toney would have been a dream fight.

Comment

RJJ is the far more hyped (and roided) up fighter due to the massive following he garnered in the US, it's like those who argue Mike Tyson could beat every heavyweight, the media and promotion are powerful. They had their weaknesses and holes in their resumes too.

Just to throw into the discussion Michael Watson who stopped Benn and was winning by several rounds in his second fight with Eubank after a controversial decision in the first fight - arguably the best pure boxer of the three.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X