• Show
Clear All

Clinching is not illegal, its been part of boxing since the first fight

Otherwise every boxer in history would be DQ'd

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

See my previous post with link attached of boxing rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Exactly, all these boxing experts". should get it straight. Clinching is NOT holding. When you intertwine your fingers on both hands this doesn't have to be "holding". The ref decides. (as long as it isn't Cortez).

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          See my previous post with link attached of boxing rules.
          You're making the wrong assumption that holding is clinching. Wherever those "rues of boxing" came from they should have mentioned "clinching', because it's a legal part of boxing. Holding isn't. I can say the same thing in 10 different ways if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            You're making the wrong assumption that holding is clinching. Wherever those "rues of boxing" came from they should have mentioned "clinching', because it's a legal part of boxing. Holding isn't. I can say the same thing in 10 different ways if you wish.
            You can do it 100 times if you wish, your logic is still flawed. You just go by what's become accepted as opposed to what is legal. Yeah, clinching or holding has been a part of the game since the beginning and yeah it has become accepted, but it is still illegal and that's a FACT (consult any boxing rulebook). Just like traveling and palming the ball in the NBA has become accepted doesn't mean that it's legal. Refs choose to call it at their own discretion but it's way worse in boxing, think of Zaghe vs Hopkins, Hatton vs Urango, Berto vs Urango, Alexander vs Maidana, Ruiz vs Anybody, Andre Ward vs Anybody. Reread my post on holding, holding and hitting and pushing and maybe you can interpret it another 10 times so you can make more sense of it.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Or when a fighter has a good performance, everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
              They have a bad performance, everyone jumps off and calls that fighter "exposed".
              I hate this ! People need to understand boxing a little more before jumping to conclusions like that. There are a thousand factors that can mess up with a performance it doesnt mean the fighter its instantly shot and should retire like most ppl say after a loss.

Also someone said broadcasters saying the boxer is hurt because he smiled at a punch haha thats B.S most of the time. Most broadcasters know ****.

About clinching etc... I dont really mind unless its really excessive... i have fought and i do bealive you should do anything to win even if its kinda dirty i dont care. Its easier to point that kind of stuff when u arent the one fighting... but i do enjoy watching fighter fight with that kind of passion, and also fight that way myself.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                When a fighter smiles after being punched and the announcer says "He smiled, that means he was hurt".
                I hate that aswell. When I am in the ring and dude lands on me a lil flurry or a good shot I smile but its a allright motherf.ucker Im comming for that ass now. When I get hit and I actually gotten hurt I clinch Immediately I admit theirs no smiles.

Comment

I can't stand clinchers MOVE TO MMA if you want to hug another man or do gay pron. Darn I hate clinchers they should not be on TV they ruin our sports.

Comment

i hate fighters who dodge's fight for the act of self preservation , fakin pussi's

fight manny you puto!!!

Comment

Clinching is annoying, especialy throw a 1-2, then grab and maul. That isn't boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X