No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute's Faces Tough Recovery, Eyes Return By Year's End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute's Faces Tough Recovery, Eyes Return By Year's End

Lucian Bute’s trainer stated Tuesday that the hand injury that forced Bute to withdraw from his May 25 fight against Jean Pascal was a lingering nuisance that worsened during a sparring mishap last week.

Stephan Larouche added Tuesday that after surgery Thursday, Bute’s left hand will remain in a cast for 6-8 weeks. Then the Romanian-born boxer will undergo physical therapy and should be able to fight before the end of the year.

“Lucian was having swollen hands after the Glen Johnson fight,” Larouche said on a conference call, referring to Bute’s unanimous-decision win against Johnson in November 2011. “He had swollen hands, sometimes the left, sometimes the right. Sometimes it didn’t heal properly. The doctor told us he had some kind of a hairline fracture after the Glen Johnson fight. [Click Here To Read More]

Jean Pascal is bad luck everything his name is on the card somebody gets hurt

Comment

Lucian Bute feared Pascal so much he trembled to the point of injuring his hand

Comment

Eh...not a broken hand but a lingering issue. I wouldn't be shocked if something else is really broken.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          Jean Pascal is bad luck everything his name is on the card somebody gets hurt
          I think you meant to say everytime, not everything.

Comment

Its the Froch curse.

Kessler was out for a year
            Ward is out for a year
            Bute will be out for a year

And Froch just keeps chuggin along!

Comment

something smells...all of a sudden this lingering issue comes up...even if there's some validity why wait till 2+ weeks b4 the bout???@ his age Butte is running out of time & the tough fights are still waiting 4 ho\him, let's c what his next xcuse is come last 1/4 of the year....

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                Its the Froch curse.

Kessler was out for a year
                Ward is out for a year
                Bute will be out for a year

And Froch just keeps chuggin along!
                Which is true.

Froch the Polish sorcerer and shaman...

Comment

Bute: "In my entire career, in 300 amateur fights and 10 years as a pro, this is the first time I'm out of a fight. "

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                    Lucian Bute feared Pascal so much he trembled to the point of injuring his hand
                    Well, unless there's some new rule we're not aware of, last time I checked, a boxer can only use his fists to fight. I'm not aware of them being allowed to kick or bite their opponent. So maybe, just maybe, this isn't some b.s. excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X